₅₀ ꜱᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴇᴅ

Sρσƚιϝყ ρʅαყʅιʂƚ ϝσɾ αʂʂαʂʂιɳʂ
ʅιɳƙҽԃ ιɳ ɱყ Ⴆισ
┈˃̶༒˂̶┈

Ava's eyes twinkled with delight as she watched blade after blade cut across the all-mighty Lord's body. Cuts lined his body and he growled in pain-his cries like a blissful charm in her ears. One by one, another person took back their freedom and released their revenge. It was only one cut but they also got to stand above Lord Voldemort as he knelt before them.

Ava could see in all their eyes the satisfaction that came from just looking down at him like he looked down on any of them. The man who had killed their families and friends, destroyed their homes and sucked the happiness from the roots of the earth was kneeling before them.

It took long minutes for each person to cut his skin, some people cut swiftly and deep and others cut slowly and painfully. But each time, he grew angrier but at the same time became weaker so there was nothing he could do to stop it.

All of his loyal men were dead and any who survived didn't dare enter the hall of warriors and assassins to save their Lord. The smart ones would have fled but it won't be long until they are found and killed for their crimes.

The last person walked up to the Lord-A young girl, no more than thirteen years old. She was stained with blood and was far too thin. Ava's heart ached but there was no sorrow in the girl's eyes as she approached Voldemort, instead her eyes gleamed with vengeance-a death stare no child should hold in their eyes.

What the hell did Voldemort make her go through?

The vengeful girl unsheathed her blade from beneath her cloak while her eyes remained on Voldemort. Ava noticed the slither of a smirk that pulled at Voldemort's lips and it made Ava want to kill him in that very second.

She pressed the blade onto his cheek, just under his eyes and he swallowed a thick lump in his throat.

"For my mother," the little girl spoke but her voice was like a warrior, Victor and Draco held him with more strength, "for my family," she dragged the knife down his face, the first cut on his face and a thick drop of blood followed the blade as she slowly dragged it down, "and for the innocence you stole from me."

A tear fell from her eyes as she stepped back and without looking up at anyone else, she turned and walked away. Her cloak followed behind her, a whisper of everything she had lost.

Ava felt proud of the little girl and she promised herself to find her later on and help her in any way that she could. But before she did that, she had an execution she was eager to get to.

┈˃̶༒˂̶┈

The two assassins holding Voldemort, Victor and Draco shoved the Lord to the ground. His face almost collided with the concrete. He was no longer the all-mighty Lord. He was no longer one to be feared, instead he was a weak remnant of a so-called Lord who wouldn't live to see the sun rise.

It was now only Victor, Draco and Ava in the great hall, everyone else had gone to help the wounded and start releasing prisoners and sharing around the food the Lord had been hogging.

"I will..." Voldemort began, his words weak but he was trying his best to sound fearless, "-kill you."

"No you won't," Victor said, his boots thumping against the ground as we walked around Voldemort's shriveled, weak body, "you will die today and the world will be rebuilt. You will die and we will burn your body and you will be nothing but a cruel memory for people to spit on."

Voldemort growled and attempted to sit up but Draco kicked his shoulder and he fell onto his back.

"Let's get this over with," Draco said, his voice deep and it vibrated with vengeance.

"I agree, he's just wasting our time now," Ava said, her eyes locked on Voldemorts. He looked back up at her with his weak eyes and there was nothing he could do to alter his fate. Ava stared at him with a cold, heartless expression, a look that he created.

Ava looked up from him and looked at Victor, "here," she said and held Voldemort's sword up to him. Victor lowered his chin and took the sword from her grasp. The weight of the sword left her hold and she felt such relief knowing he'd be dead soon and that everyone who he took away from Ava would be avenged.

"I will find a way back-" Voldemort yelled with all his final strength.

Draco went to Ava's side and held her hand. Ava's lips parted as she looked up at Draco beside her. They didn't have to be afraid anymore, they didn't have to fear any eyes seeing them together. They didn't have to pretend anymore. This was it. This was the end of the war and the start of a new life.

"No, this time you will be dead forever," Victor said and raised the sword, "I'll make sure of it."

Voldemort's eyes widened with something like failure, it was a warrior's greatest defeat to be killed by their own weapon. Ava kept her chin held high as she watched the sword glisten in the sun just starting to rise through the window. She watched Victor's hand tighten around the handle of the blade and then watched the sword slam down onto Victor's head.

After the slice of the sword against Voldemort's neck and the spit of blood, there was a silence.

A strange silence which felt awfully a lot like peace. A thing that had been forgotten in the world for a long time. Ava felt a weight release from her shoulders. She felt like she could breathe again. She no longer felt imprisoned.

Or like she had to be scared.

That was it, it was over. She has survived.

_________________________________

Insta - @ Kirsten.enn

Copyright © Kirsten Enn