₂₃ ꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛʜᴇᴀʀᴛ

WARNING - description of violence.
̶
Sρσƚιϝყ ρʅαყʅιʂƚ ϝσɾ αʂʂαʂʂιɳʂ
ʅιɳƙҽԃ ιɳ ɱყ Ⴆισ
┈˃̶༒˂̶┈

Draco promised no one would come up here but him. Ava wasn't even scared of anyone coming up, until now. This male had such a frightening look to him. Ava couldn't quite put the fear she felt into words.

If death had a look, he was looking right at her.

Ava was sat up, frozen, with watery eyes. Her breath caught on the fear welling up inside of her.

But as soon as the male took a step forward, Ava's instincts kicked in and she quickly scurried out of the bed. Her dirty white nightgown fell down her legs as she stood and ran to the corner of the room.

He had a long black cape on, similar to Draco's, however, he had slashes in. Nowhere near like the fine detailing of Draco's. The male had no weapon or wand on him and neither did Ava.

And there wasn't anything in the small room Ava could use to fight with.

Why was he here?

Ava pressed her whole body against the stone cracked walls, hoping she could fall straight through them.

The male took another step.

Ava scanned the room for anything she could use to defend herself but saw nothing. She was completely helpless.

And by the sky, Ava knew it was the early hours of the morning and Draco wouldn't be here with her meal anytime soon. No help coming for her.

He stepped closer, the gap filling.

"Are you not going to fight?" he spoke, his voice deeper than any kind of voice she had ever heard. Inhuman.

He stepped closer, "I've been told you are quite the fighter," he spoke again and he was so close but Ava couldn't see his face. His cloak hung low in his face and the darkness of the room was no benefit to see who stood before her.

"I'm disappointed," he snarled just as Ava looked down and caught sight of his fist clenching in his gloved hand. He raised it and Ava ducked and ran across the room just as she heard his fist collide with the stone wall.

Ava turned back from the doorway and just as she did, she saw him turn his head to her, his fist still in the wall.

Ava waited no longer and ran out of the room, down and around the spiral staircase.

Her chest, heavy with fear.

Ava could have fought but she knew when to choose between fight or flight. And in this instance, she knew the only way she would survive is to run.

But her mind could be help but question, do I even want to survive?

She ran but she heard the males heavy steps chasing after her. The adrenaline she felt made her run faster.

Faster.

Faster.

Ava was close to the bottom, she could see the golden candlelight shining on the stone wall. She almost released a breath of relief but a hand grabbed her neck from behind and before she could react, she was tumbling down the stairs, rolling over herself until she hit the cold hard floor. Her body came to a painful stop.