₂₉ ɴᴏ ᴍᴇʀᴄʏ

Sρσƚιϝყ ρʅαყʅιʂƚ ϝσɾ αʂʂαʂʂιɳʂ
ʅιɳƙҽԃ ιɳ ɱყ Ⴆισ
┈˃̶༒˂̶┈

She hadn't realised but standing in front of Victor was making her feel rather safe. But now, she is being dragged away from him. Large hands clasp around her arms, pulling her in the direction of the other trainees.

Don't panic, Victor's voice echoed in the back of her mind, fear makes you weak. Control it.

His words were a reminder that he was still there. Even if she could not see him any more. He was there. Somewhere. Watching.

Her fear turned to anger once again. Her chest heaved, ready to explode.

Those rough hands tugged once more and then shoved her to the hard, dirty floor. Her body landed directly in front of George and Dean. Their hands came to her shoulders, attempting to help her up, but before they could, she was already up.

No longer needing the help of others.

The two death eaters who had just thrown her to the floor like she was worthless scraps being fed to a dog, the clocked men walked away and Ava promised herself they will pay.

Maybe not today. But someday.

The cheering crowd continued to roar and the drums only got louder, but George's voice was clear when he said, "where the hell have you been?"

"There's no time to explain," Ava replied, looking over her shoulder at him. His eyes were filled with fear but like her, he used his fear and turned it into anger.

"What were you and Hermione doing?" Dean spoke next, his voice a little shaky, "and is she really dead? If your alive then maybe she is too."

"We were going to escape and get help," Ava told him and now she was speaking the words out loud she realised how foolish it sounded. And especially now she can see the little glimmer of hope in his hues, "and no. I'm sorry, Dean. But Voldemort killed her. I saw it."

He was silent for a moment but spoke once more, "you think there's someone to help us?" he questioned, avoiding or ignoring Hermione's death.

"There have to be other survivors," Ava breathed, "people who escaped the battle at Hogwarts. People hiding. Maybe even planning to end this."

Just like she was.

Their faces looked as though she was just giving them false hope. But still, she could tell they wanted to believe her.

"If I'm still alive by the end of this," George suddenly began, his voice strong, "then I will escape and find that help. I'm done being forced onto this side of the war."

Ava met his eyes, his eyes which had narrowed, turned dark and filled with a need for revenge. Not like the funny and sweet boy and once knew.

"You can't," Dean said, "you will be killed."

"I have nothing left to lose," George spoke just as tough.

"You have us," Dean told him, "you have Ginny."

His eye's met Dean's, "then I will do it for her. So she can have a chance at a normal happy life."

"We can think about escaping later," Ava began, "first we have to survive these. Next, we escape."

"We're so fucked," Dean said but his words were just a fading sound in Ava's ears.

The drums started playing a new rhythm. A continuous thud. Boom. Boom. Boom. Tension built in the echo of the hall. The drums were so loud she could feel the sound in her chest.