₄₉ ʟᴏʀᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ

Sρσƚιϝყ ρʅαყʅιʂƚ ϝσɾ αʂʂαʂʂιɳʂ
ʅιɳƙҽԃ ιɳ ɱყ Ⴆισ
┈˃̶༒˂̶┈

The cries of battle echoed all around Ava as she knelt on the floor, palms pressed into the blood-splattered ground. Her mouth was agape as she looked straight and watched her attacker being impaled into the wall. A scream of fear and the battle cry of a God erupted all at once. A scream of fear and pain from the boy who had been holding her captive moments ago and the growl of a beast who came from—

Her eyes focused and then widened as a little gasp escaped her mouth which for a second was all she heard over the sounds of the battle.

"Draco," she whispered and Victor gripped her shoulder tighter.

She couldn't believe what she was seeing. He was only wearing a tattered and torn pair of trousers and his chest was bare, covered in blood, bruises and dirt. His arm was outstretched as his hand gripped the sword tighter. It was then she noticed the boy's feet weren't touching the floor. The scene she was looking at was brutal but she couldn't help but admire it.

Draco grabbed the handle with his other hand and the muscles of his arm twitched as he turned the sword that was impaled into the boy, with a violent force and the death screech that came from the boy ratified the pain. The boy was still alive but Ava knew he wouldn't be for much longer. She thought he had finished but then Draco sliced the sword down and the boy's guts spilled out before him.

"In the name of God—" Victor muttered in the back of her neck.

Draco took one step back as he watched the life of the boy fade into despair. His hair was disheveled in front of his face and blood knotted it. Ava had never seen him so vicious and wild and still nothing stopped her from standing and running up to him.

He turned, his eyes softening just before she wrapped her arms around his body. She didn't care that he was covered in blood and dirt or that there was a man with his insides on the outside a step away. She embraced him like they weren't in the middle of a battle and wrapped his arms around her so tight that he was afraid that she might slip out of his touch again. He held her like he never wanted to be separated from her again.

"I found you," he muttered and held her tighter and then quickly raised his hands to her face and she leaned out of their hug. His eyes flickered to each of her eyes, "are you hurt?"

She smiled, for some reason, she was out of breath, "are you?" he was the one covered in bruises and blood and all sorts.

"I am now that I have you again—"

"I don't want to interrupt this. . . moment but we have company," Victor announced who had been standing awkwardly a few places away.

Draco looked up and Ava looked over her shoulder at the dozen or so approaching assassins. Draco's eyes darkened as his eyes narrowed on them and then he picked up his sword and pulled his other out of the boy's body. Neither of them paid any attention to the mess that dropped to the floor.

Victor kicked Ava's sword her way and he gripped his own tighter in his hold. Ava picked up her sword and Draco and Ava came to Victor's side.

"Ready?" he asked.

They nodded.

"Then let's kill them all."

The corridor turned into swinging swords and a clutter of fighting and in no more than a minute all assassins were dead and all that was left of them was broken limbs and blood now splattered on their faces.

┈˃̶༒˂̶┈

They made their way through the castle, passing more and more bodies and assassins and soldiers fighting one another. Ava felt an overwhelming feeling of heartache when she witnessed it because she could quite fathom that this is what the world had come to. The wizarding world was once a magical place—at least that is what she hoped—she couldn't really remember it. All she remembered was the death and pain of it all which is why she was able to walk past the dying, the ones who stayed loyal to Voldemort.