-13-

This was not what I awaited.

"You cannot be serious! I am telling you! Remaining here is nothing more then a death wish, in less then a week these Elites will be back to kill you all! I cannot keep everyone safe against an army." Even tho they did actually lose in strength from my time from their lack of training against elementals, numbers can still win, it would be one against how many?

"This is our home, we will give them what they want in exchange for our lives." I blinked at the chief, he can't be serious... Was he the one that did this to me?

My wrists and hands were tied up tightly, they were going numb and cold from the lack of blood flow, ankles tied together.... I never suspected anyone to hit me on the back of the head after I helped them... With an iron skillet.... My own fault, I was naive.

They are too lost in their present while I knew of an old past that they could return too.

"They will still kill you for having known me! I can help you leave and escape! The elves are north of here! I can convince them!" In their history I did know the current king's grand-father, I am still 'new' in the archives of elves.

"Silence." I screamed in anger as a strip of cloth was tied over my mouth to shut me up, they are so closed off in their ways that they can't see past themselves.

I glared at the men before the slammed the door to my sell closed and left with the only light source.

I banged my head on the ground softly and sighed, idiots.

--------------------------------------------------

"Why did you do this?" I asked my mother, I didn't even recognize her face, black and blue, puffed up and bloody. "You are a coward so how.... Why?.... Why?"

Of course she couldn't answer me, she was not even awake.

Davis and my father were guarding the front and rear door of the house, no one had yet come to confront us but I knew it was for soon.

I looked at my hands in fear again, why? Why now of all times?

I grabbed my face as I leaned it in my hands, sitting on a stool next to my mother's side.

"Did you know?" I asked her, crossing my hands under my chin. "Did you know this would happen? I mean magic out of nowhere? You always said your side of the family was diseased which is why we all look like this, white hair, red eyes, pale skin, never having magical abilities.... You mustn't have, you couldn't have been lying to father, Davis.... Too me."

I shook my head, I can't wrap my mind around what had happened earlier.

It all happened so fast.

I lifted my head and stared at my palms, nothing had changed but it was different.

I flexed my hands, that same pain as much earlier in the day hurt my hand in that moment, so much so I even thought I had actually hit that man when instead he had avoided my punch, the pain like exploding out, pushing through my skin and it became.... That.

"Fire." I whispered before standing up. "I'll be right back."

I tied my hair back like it usually was while leaving the room and grabbing a bag, putting a few things in it and grabbing one of my father's cape.

I opened a window silently and hopped out of it, closing it behind me.

It was late so it was quite easy to pass unnoticed, those that saw me thought I was my father under this thick hood to hide my face, waving a goodnight or my voice would have given me away.

I now had a huge target on my back and only one person can help me.

She was supposed to be back for a while now, having a meeting with the chief but she still wasn't and I have a feeling...

The basement of the main hall was turned into sells and the entrance was padlocked.

"Thanks Davis." I muttered, pulling out his lock picking tools, so happy he taught me even if he now frowns on crimes because of his future job.

I froze in my endeavor, because of me he might not have a future job at the church as will need to go back to his old profession... A horse master, he did like it but it was never his dream life, he loved to learn and teach, as a monk he could do so all day but I might have messed that up.

"Focus dammit."

--------------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes as what sounded like a heavy slab of wood banging against the ground.

I lifted my head, barely enough moon light to see anything.

"Shit!" I heard before the owner of the familiar voice tripped down the set of also wooden sounding stairs and thumbed on the ground.

I smiled behind my mouth cover, the same old Skarla.

"Dammit." You do cuss a lot young lady.

I was laying near the cell bars still, making it easy for me to hear her feeling around and suddenly her hand slapping on my face, damn Skarla.

"Oh sorry." She apologized, feeling the cloth before reaching to pull it loose.

"Finally! Dear gods." I said, moving my jaw to get the numbness out of it.

"I thought it was you." I heard her say.

"You wouldn't be here if you didn't expect me here."

"True." She said. "Do you know if they left a candle somewhere or a magic torch?"

"I don't know what a magic torch is but there is no candles."

"I can't help you while seeing nothing tho"

"Can't you find my shoulder? You know where my head is by now."

"I guess."

This time I wasn't slapped, lucky me.

I turned to her with some difficulty.

"Feel down my arm, there are ropes there, you should be able to find a knot somewhere."

She worked in silence and I stared into darkness, feeling like a long discussion was to come.