-36-

"Are you sure this is what you wanted? It seems like a solid weapon don't get me wrong but..."

I still nodded with a smile despite Seva's confused frown.

I had fabricated a lie, telling her my mother had told me about how dragon scales melted and a weapon from them would be unbreakable, heeding the warning of the Gatekeeper to not tell her the truth.

But even with her own fire it took a long time to melt, we started at dawn and it was melting at the end of the day.

Even the jewel maker was done with the dragon stones before the scales had melted down.

I had thrown many of the smaller ones inside the liquid the scales became and kept the bigger one on the cuff-bracelet I was now wearing, still as golden copper as the dragon had been.

(Basically how it looks)

The smith had poured the melted scales and gem mix into a long rod mold, in the morning producing a very normal looking staff.

It was a dirty copper color and the gems sometimes peaked out from the metal but most were lost in it, the weight also was a bit heavier then a wooden staff but not by much which was surprising as by sight people would think it is much heavier even if it was thinner then usual staffs.

"You could have had any other weapon and I could have taught you but you chose a staff?"

"Well yeah. Since I already know how to use a staff and they are versatile." I held it in the middle with the staff pressed against the back of my arm.

"You are a weird girl dear mage." She flicked my forehead with a smile.

"What can I say? That's how I was born my queen." I laughed, rubbing my forehead.

"And how is your brother?" She asked.

"He is better." He got a little shaken when he was pulled back in his body but he was better now, I still can't understand how they can't just get along.

"That's good, I'll need the future master of the archives to be fit for his role."

"Of course, he is working hard like I am."

"I see that, now go play with this new staff of yours, I have things to look through."

--------------------------------------------------

How bothersome.

Why couldn't something have gone wrong?

Ah... Whatever, a problem for later.

I passed the guarded door of the secret weapon and thought a second.

"Halt." The guards blocked my way off.

"Let me through, I want to know what's in there." I said coldly.

"Unless the king tells us to move we will not."

"If you care to live, move." I said, looking the speaking guard in the eyes, the death of a few are always worth the majority surviving, I can't risk the elves turning their back on me when I win my throne back, I can't let them have this weapon.

"Threats won't work human."

"Threats?" I asked, grinning from ear to ear. "I am not making threats." I jerked my wrist. "It is a goddamn promise!" I threw my hand up.

They didn't even have the time to call out before the vines on the wooden wall behind them laced their bodies up, pressing their limbs against their bodies and the ends stuffed in their mouth to shut them up.

"They really should teach people to respect their elders." I chuckled before closing my fist. "Could avoid useless bloodshed next time~."

The vines kept crawling and soon I heard the first snap, watching the femur of the guard that stayed silent shift from straight to an angled line, elves are annoying, they can use wild magic the most effectively out of all races, I cannot let these two go.

Next an arm broke.

Next another leg.

The armor groaned and bent.

Soon a rib.

After that a finger.

It went on until the vines were squeezing two thin shapes, pour elves, unable to even scream, forced to eternal silence.... How cruel.

With a wave of my hand the bark of the wooden wall opened and the wood swallowed all evidence before the vines and it turned back to normal.

I walked over the pools of blood that had been squeezed out of them like if they were fruits, a dirty mess.

I unlocked the door.

It was quite a luxurious bedroom, vegetation almost overgrowing the room but in a controlled manner.

I instantly spied the window that was smashed open and the sheets that were hung out of it to climb down.

I grinned, looks like your weapon didn't like its job.

I grabbed the sheets and pulled them back in the room, fixing the bed.

With a gust of wind I picked up the pieces of glass and with a flash of fire fixed the window.

Next I left the room, stepping in the blood and making my way to the window in the hallway and readied my hand.

I flicked my finger at the glass and it blew out by the force of the wind gust making a loud blast.

I stepped on the ledge before reaching up and a vine grabbed me, pulling me up in the ceiling.

I crossed my legs and sat, the vine holding me as I watched in amusement how several guards enter.

"THE WEAPON IS GONE!!! ALERT EVERYONE!!!"

I held back a laugh, oh this is so amusing... Now what will you do Saywer? I am all you can rely on from now on.