-20-

"What are you doing?" I asked with a gulp, back pushed against the wall.

"What would I be doing?" Seva asked, having walked me into the wall, she is scaring me and yet I couldn't help but desire what might happen.

"T-this is--"

"You are my head mage Skarla, a court mage, court mages are part of the royal treasure, my treasure."

"Yes?" My voice was so meek and weak it only added to my blush, I felt so small, trapped against the wall with one of her hands by my head.

"That means you are min--"

"FUCK!!!" I jumped up in fright as I heard a loud scream.

I looked around before looking at the screaming raven outside my window.

I couldn't help the frown and threw the pillow under my head at the window to scare the bird away.

I sat up as I had been sleeping on my stomach, staring at the wooden wardrobe before grabbing my face, feeling it grow hot.

"What the hell was that?" It's no fair, I never had dreams like these before with any previous relationship.... She is something else.

"Head mage." I whispered, remembering her promise to teach me and how her voice whispered to me in my dream. 

I can't help it, she is perfect, ambitious, strong willed, powerful, kind, a leader.... So beautiful.

I sighed heavily and flopped back on my back, clasping one of my hand back over my face and staring at the ceiling through the fingers.

Barely had the elves brought us back that we were separated from Seva and given a room, I crashed and fell asleep the moment I touched the bed.

I rolled to my side, looking at the staff she had made me, leaning against the wall... I can help save the world, I can be her mage, I can be hers.

"I'll follow you until you don't want me no more." I whispered, heart beating fast in my chest as I hide my face in the bed.

--------------------------------------------------------

I sit at the end of a long table, the seat is comfortable but I am not here for that.

"This tea is magnificent, you need to tell me what you used to make it." I said, setting down the thin porcelain cup on the table, so thin in fact that I could see the darker tea move around in it through the cup itself.

"Thank you, a great praise from the likes of you queen Seva." The queen said, looking older then her age must be from stress.

"Please it is a pleasure meeting with you and your son as a fellow queen, I've only met prin--king Alabard as a baby before my untimely death but I see his father's feature on your face young king." I said, leaning back in my chair, legs crossed at the thighs and fingers intertwined in my lap.

"Thank you." The young king said.

"My condolences for your loss, I would never think my descendants would turn against your people..." I shook my head in disappointment that my bloodline turned out like this, I might have lost my darling daughter to time but I will save the world she passed on my blood too.... I know the loss of a loved one young king... So you'll get why you need to help me.

"It is fine queen Seva, I know of the stories about you, the Decay was stopped because of your idea, with the help of my grand father and all the mages around you saved the world."

"And I need to save it again." It might not seem like it because I am not tired but we've been at this sort of stalemate for a while now, since the sun rose to be exact.

"Yes I get it but the elves are already at war with Solor, we keep our territories and stick to them."

"But I could stop this war, I just need help, I need to get to the usurper queen."

"Solor asked too much of us." the past queen said for her son. "We lost so many in the day of the black sun, it still haunts our present, many still alive have seen that day."

"I am not asking for Solor." I said, gaze piercing. "I am asking for myself, if I am queen I can stop anything, I just need to get that crown and I can bring peace."

"And why would we help?"

"I offer an alliance again, like times of old, the dragons' appointed me as rightful queen, I can promise you their protection from the others, I can offer you the queen on a silver platter to seal the pact."

"We w--" "I accept."

I grinned to myself.

"Sawyer!"

"Mother I am the king and my word is final, queen Seva I accept to help you in exchange for the queen of Solor." I knew he'd be swayed by vengeance, he is still such a young elf, not near as mature and wise as his people.

"You will regret this queen Seva, this is a road towards a dark end." She said to me.

"It is, the day I take the crown will be a dark one for Solor but the sun will rise and be so bright, seeing how after darkness the light must come, I will be that sun."

I saw her shake her head slightly.

"Let the butler fetch a parchment, we'll sign the contract." The young king said.

"Gladly my dear king."