-33-

"Are you sure we should do this now?" I asked, letting the flame spin around behind me and, thrusting my arm out, the flame following and sending back at the caster of it.

"We've waited long enough." Seva said, catching it with her magic, sent it darting higher so it arched down, coming back aimed at me.

I held my arm at it and spun, the flame following and I threw it back, we've been at this for a while, fire was one of the more volatile forms of magic so catching a fire spell and making it my own can be a life saver as I learnt because of that aspect of it, that's one of the easiest magic created by any wild mage tho also one of the most dangerous.

She had a much easier time with this exercise, while I might need a whole body movement depending how it came at me even just a movement of her head could send it back at me, she is truly advanced.

I literally caught the flame in my hand, the fire sparking on my sky but not hurting me, as I crushed and snuffed it out, skin sparkling silver a moment before it turned back to normal.... I wonder, will I be able to become a dragon too? Like the old stories told of the silver queen, my ancestor.

"Seva, my queen, I implore you to think it over." I was really worried for her safety.

"We waited long enough! They killed the elvish queen, a dragon, what if the next they kill is you? I thought I was ahead by several plays but they keep outsmarting me." 

"Seva, tell the king to prepare if you want but please wait a bit, I am willing to head back to the spirit plains to train for a longer time but please, if we try it right now we won't go far... It is the harvest festival."

"Harvest festival?"

"Yeah, the time that the normal field harvesting is done with the dues sent to the capitol, every single Elite in the fields, we will be surrounded, on the last day of this month all of them will gather at the capitol to celebrate, they will drink and eat, or at least that's the rumors... If you just wait we can hit them when they are weak."

"They are already weak, I'll train you but we'll attack at the end of this week, I am the future queen and as my mage you must trust me, don't you?" She stepped closer, her hair swaying in the wind as it was now grazing her shoulders, having grown. "I have had enough to staying with the elves."

"I do trust you." I grabbed her hands, squeezing them. "But trust me too."

She seemed... Angered, but as soon as I blinked it was gone, am I hallucinating?

"Alright my dear mage." She grabbed my face. "But you better be right or I'll show you."

"I'll accept anything my queen." I blushed, not knowing what she was promising but it couldn't be good.... Or worst, it COULD be.

"Alright, we'll go tonight."

"My queen can we bring my brother?"

"Why?" She always sounded annoyed when he was mentioned when it was supposed to be just the two of us, awe.

"Because he wanted to see the spirit plains, please my queen, I'll work my ass off."

"Just keep in mind anyone can get lost in the spirit realm and I can't guaranty the safety of two people with me."

"You don't need to keep me safe." I grinned. "You told me I am a good mage, I'll protect myself."

"You can." She agreed with a smile. "Fine, bring him but if he gets in my way I am bringing him back."

"I'll tell him."

--------------------------------------------------------

"Don't you find it weird?" Davis asked.

"What?" I asked back.

"How much she changed?"

"I don't get what you mean."

"You are blinded by love, she is not the same woman as we met, something is different and it is scaring, you should distance yourself."

"I would never! She is helping me save the queendom! Avenge our family and the suffering it took! Avenge the village! Avenge all!" I threw my hands out in disbelief as he couldn't see all the good she was bringing to our life, for fuck sake she promised him the job of his dreams.

"Skarla think a bit! Isn't it weird? All these deaths?" He grabbed my arm to stop me from walking ahead.

"HOW DARE YOU?!!" He cried out in pain and let go.

I gasped, looking at my arm and then at his red hand, I brunt him.

"I-I didn't mean to.... I..." He shook his head.

"Lets go."

"Davi--" "I said lets go."

"I.... Am sorry."

I led the way, feeling guilty that I burnt him or was close too, I usually don't get mad this fast. Is it because I am not a dragon? Yes, must be.... Must be....

--------------------------------------------------------

Things are going quite well, soon the throne will be mine again and the world will be saved.

I can't wait to get there.... There is just one last thing....

I still need to take care of one thing and we'll be set.

Skarla my dear you are almost ready, my masterpiece.