-16-

It was not hard to get out of that cell once I was untied, in the bag there was food and my old stuff I put back on, no use hiding any more, people will hear about me.... Wait for me.

"Stop skulking around Skarla, you did what you could to convince him but it is his choice in the end" 

She was sitting on the shore of the river, arms around her knees as she looked off into the distance, I rested my hand on her shoulder while bending down slightly... There is no other option she needs to come with me, she needs to survive.

"Some people have a choice in their path." I said, getting down on one knee before sitting back on my ankle. "But not us Skarla, I need to get the throne to save everyone, that's why I got to live again, and you... You can help change the world for these people, there is old magic flowing through your veins, you are powerful."

"What does this have to do anything with my brother coming or not."

"..." I narrowed my eyes slightly. "Nothing, it has nothing to do with it but Skarla, you could save so many people even if he doesn't show up."

"But he'd die."

"And many more will if we do or don't do anything, such is life... If he doesn't come... It is his choice and what he believes in... But you'll be able to maybe save others from losing their brother or sisters."

She scoffed at my words, how impolite.... But I understand.

"You know." I sat on my butt, feet out flat in front of me, my heels at the edge of the water. "I once had brothers and sisters, there was a word that people nowadays might have forgotten, mage-hood, the meaning the same just like childhood or adulthood, a time spent being a child for example and that is a time spent being a mage. These people become your new family, your brothers and sisters... I lost every I knew to the Decay or simply to time, nothing I know is the same nor will ever be... I will fight to take that-- That usurper off the throne and correct her wrong doings to my people. I fight not for myself but for them, my loved ones that also gave their lives for this land."

"I still don't want to lose my brother..."

"I know.... Each loss hurts, it never gets less painful. A gut-wrenching pain that consumes all."

"Then how do you move on? How do you keep on living? How?" I sighed through my nose as I looked at her, looping my arm around her shoulders and pulling her against me.

"You don't... Or at least not fully, you learn to live with the pain, it will become your fuel, to keep people from feeling the same pain as you did. You will always be hurt but you will get used to it, you will once again speak of them with a smile instead of tears, laugh at the memories made with them.... You'll move on to another stage in life but not move on from them, they are a part of you after all."

"She'd have lived if I stayed there, just stayed there."

"Shock can be deadly to people, it is not your fault."

"It is, I left."

I hugged her against me, not adding on as I looked at the sky that was turning red and orange as the sun was rising.

"Come on Skarla."

"No... No it can't be time yet!"

"There is no denying it."

"Please no."

I sighed, pushing away to stand up and pull her after me.

I stopped moving.

"Seva?" She asked, tears gleaming in her eyes and still worried about me in some way, how cute.

"Someone's near."

"Davis?" she asked in a hurry.

"I don't know.... I am an elemental not a wild mage."

"How did you know then?"

"The wind."

"wha--" "Be ready." I had none of my old weapons which was a shame but I know something about elemental magic no one should remember nowadays.... Just how much have they lost of their past? "We don't know who they might actually be."

But to Skarla's fortune it was indeed her brother that stepped out of the forest and shrubbery.

"Davis!" She ran to him as I closed my fist, snuffing out the flame I was ready to throw if it wasn't him... I couldn't let someone else live, they'd be aware that we are here.

"Hey." He said to her.

I felt a tinge of jealousy in my heart and looked away.... I know this is the destiny you gave me but why must I be alone... I am jealous of them... I should have killed hi-- No it would have served no purpose other then scarring Skarla and making her hate me, I can't have that.... I need her help and I just can't hurt her.

"Well if you are done we need to move before the people come looking for me or Skarla, we need to head north and by foot it might take some time so we should get moving right now." I said, hand on my hip.

--------------------------------------------------

I was so happy my brother was here but Seva's words brought me back to reality, a weighing and heavy reality... Now I am on the run with her for my life.

But she is right, she is meant for the throne, if we can help her get there she'll save us from the queen, she'll bring dragons back, she'll bring peace back.

I will not let this queen of ours hurt someone else like she did us.... Those Elites killed my mother....She killed my mother....

I looked at Seva, she was perfect for the new queen, having reigned and being an elemental, she can change back some of the mistakes made.

I looked at my palm.

I can help too.