-21-

"It is so hard." I said, sweating up a storm, hands trembling, exhaustion cast over me despite it being not long after I woke up.

I was gripping my wrist with my free arm, the smallest of flickering flames in the palm of my free hand.

All this struggle for this little thing.

"It is hard to not rely on your emotions at the start." Seva agreed while adding an explanation to it, I don't know what the elvish king and she discussed but we were free to roam around with no elvish guards shadowing us.

I panted as I dropped my hands to my side.

"But you said I would have a lot of magic."

"You have the potential to a lot since the huge amount for the three of us but all depends on your ability to control it and your body to house that magic, you will not instantly be good at it even if you have the innate ability for it since it was repressed for basically all of your life."

I glared down at my hands before sliding a leg down to kneel down before sitting down, shifting to the side down I was sitting on the ground instead of on my legs.

"Wither Away blocks your magic at the source, if we go by metaphor your magic is like water and the plant is stone, water can cut through stone but it takes a long time."

"Can't you help?" I asked, leaning on one arm to hold myself up.

"Even if we technically share the same century old magic your magic is your own tho I am sure you've got to see a mage turn a spell against the one casting it, surprisingly difficult compared to how easy it is done after learning."

"So can you?"

"Here, eat this."

I blinked at the almost withered moss looking thing she pulled from a hip pouch she started wearing.

"No thanks."

"Skarla." I gulped at how she sighed my name, get your mind out of the gutter girl! "I am not trying to kill you, the texture is a bit weird yes but it doesn't taste bad.... Plus it is a common moss, green pelt is what it's names, it has cleansing properties, it is like an explosion to help the water destroy the rock faster if you will."

I frowned but grabbed the thumb sides ball of soft moss.

"I trust you." I muttered and despite my reluctance I popped it in my mouth. "Ah, fuck Seva it is bitter!"

"Would you have eaten it if I told you that?"

"Right... So when is it supposed to act?"

"It takes time."

-----------------------------------------------------

The day was made of really long slivers I must say, waiting to feel a change but nothing came.

Nothing but the annoyance that everything was the same.

Nothing was new.

Did she lie to me?

She wouldn't... She would never.

"But why doesn't anything happen?!" I yelled at a tree, having been talking to it for a while now.

I took a deep breath, opening and closing my hands, annoyance making me jittery.

I tapped my foot on the ground before shaking my arms out, the bouncy energy I felt inside while I wait getting the best of me.

I watched the small sparks bounce of my skin, instantly calming down and lifting my hands to my face.

From time to time a little spot on my palm or fingers would glow red and a spark would pop out to fade in the air.

I took a deep breath, feeling full of energy, was this supposed to be it?! I thought it was something more wow, I would have noticed way earlier if she told me!!

I tsked in annoyance, throwing my hands down at my side and spinning away from the tree.

A gust of wind slapped me in the face.

I lifted my hands to cover my face as a whirlwind came out of nowhere, blowing dust and dirt up, ripping leaves from the trees, tearing loose enough bark from them.

I whipped my hair around as I squinted before it suddenly felt as if it was in control.

"I told you, emotions guide magic for beginners, plus the moss, told you it would work."

I spun around and the wind didn't seem to react to my movements anymore, just whirling violently around me and Seva who was standing behind me, oh so close.

I looked at the wind, so violent the debris in it made it almost visible.

"A spell cast can be stolen." I looked at her, blushing she was so close, eyes on me, her short hair whipped around.

I didn't fear the wind I somehow caused, knowing it answered to her will now.

"Good job." I blushed more, looking down.

"It's nothing." I muttered out, this woman is going to be the end of me.

I felt a gloved finger with the second pressing up on my chin, tilting my head up.

Her eyes are so green.

I was lost for words, her face was so close to mine, if I were to just lean forwards a bit.

"Never undermine your achievements, show the world how great you are, you will be my head mage, be worthy of the title."

"R-right."

"Good girl."

Oh my heart, I felt like I would melt this moment, so hot despite the cold the wind cast on us, so close to her.

I will make you proud.

I'll be yours.

Forever.