-38-

"This is all my fault." I whispered.

"You could have never known something like this would happen." Seva said.

For the last few slices of sun we've been like this, sitting in the inner garden of the elvish castle, me rolled in a ball and head on her lap and she let me do it, running her hand through my hair.

"Of course it is... I constantly hear whispers about who I resemble now that my hair is fucking silver!... Always envious whispers and curious ones, wondering why my ancestor never helped, why it is me that inherited this power and such.

"The elf that poisoned the wine used an old plant that doesn't exist nowadays, it was common when I lived before dying to the decay, I thought I did a good job eradicating the Strangling Devil when I was alive first, I am sorry, seems the elves got some on hand, or at least seeds as Strangling Devils only grow in land rich with corpses and Solor does have a bloody history unlike elvish history.... Maybe Solor regrew them."

"Then it is even more my fault, even more of the traitors that work for Solor are coming forth.... Next time they'll attack you.... Taking the last person I have left...." I hugged her legs, hiding my tears in my own arm.

"Is that why you didn't want us to go to his funeral or the execution of the traitor?"

"Yeah.... Clear targets...."

"I'll help you take revenge Skarla... We'll attack soon as you know, everyone that hurt you will die."

"Everyone...." I hissed, my emotions a wreck but I knew anger was waiting for me when they calmed down and would let it come forwards. "I want to be the only to kill everyone that had something to do with my pain.... My mother.... My father... My brother."

"And you'll have the right, I promise you my mage."

I looked up at her and she was smiling so calmly.

"Teach me how to be so calm in these situations.... Please... I feel like I am going to blow..."

"I can't teach you that, I just make my anger work for me, I don't lash out at people nor break into tears if I can help it, keeping the storm inside me and let it free upon the enemy that deserve it. Magic is emotional, a rage can make is unpredictable and powerful but a cold anger can limit its unpredictability."

"So seething in anger until you find someone worthy of the mighty slap of power that comes with its unleash."

"You could say that yes."

I sat up, sitting near her.

"I want them to suffer." I said.

"And I'll help you if you put me on the throne, I can do anything like that." She grabbed my face, pulling it close to hers. "I promise little mage and I don't break promises."

"I'll do anything for you my queen." I promise.

"Good." He leaned to kiss my cheek but I tilted my head along.

--------------------------------------------------

And despite the pain in my heart, there was a part of it that forgot it favor of flowers that bloomed.

"You sneaky little asshole." Seva laughed, pulling her lips from mine with a smile. "It's not nice to steal even if it is a kiss."

I just shrugged, face probably red.

I just hugged her, she helped with whatever I was feeling.

"There, there." She pat my back. "Do not worry about anything, I am here." 

"Yeah...." I just held her.

I felt her hand rub my back.

"Everything will go just as planned so don't worry my little mage, don't worry."

I just couldn't shake the weird feeling that sentence brought up in me despite how it reassured me to know I'd have my vengeance.