-47-

"We'll need to get rid of the loyalists there. They set up quite fast," Seva said as she pointed at a town on a map.

Comparing this new town to the previous ones, all lined up and were little towns and villages nearest to the elves, Seva taking them out before they could think of allying with the elves.

I watched with morbid smiles, not wanting her to see my displeasure, watching her use a human-sized four-legged lizard as a footrest.

This was what the lazars became: mindless pets, sentience bred out of their people with magic. I wanted to throw up at the idea that it could have been another race with culture and history.

It was not Seva that would bring anything back, and I knew it now: the orcs and half-men would never have a treaty with her, the skin-takers of other continents would never sail over and settle near Solor, lazar would never be free, elves will never see us as allies and the spirits will shun us... Oh Seva, what are you doing?

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked, folding the map.

"I am your queen; you dare to question me?"

The terror and frigid cold that hit me at her words cut off my attempt to convince her. This was bad. I had tried many times, but never excused threats were thrown my way before she'd come up behind me and whisk me away without acknowledging what happened, lying about it being my mind when I brought it up, but she looked annoyed I dared too.

"Of course not."

It felt worse and worse to have her near me. I just wanted to bury myself instead of laying in her bed; I started to feel sick at her touch, as if the malice of her acts was rubbed off on me, needing to clean myself from her touch and sleep in another room, tho she didn't seem to mind, still liking to remind me that I was hers.

And this all hurt, her downward spiral and my disgust; it all hurt because my heart still loved her oh so much. I just wanted to help her but could never do anything, which worsened the ache.

"Good, now get ready. You are leaving in the morning."

I bowed and left, feeling her gaze burn holes into my back, and I fought not to turn back, knowing nothing good awaited me.

I can't wait this week out; something needs to be done before more people are hurt because of her.

I closed the door behind me, but it didn't close completely. I reached for it but stopped, hearing her chuckle.

It was nothing of the small happiness I heard from her when we met; it was a dark and tainted laugh like darkness was choking out her goodness.

"I'll be queen, I'll be queen forever, and no one can take that from me. I need to find that tie spell."

I gulped, a tear escaping my eyes as I left.

It hurt so much that she wanted to use me. Now that I had the soul of a dragon, I had the life of a dragon. I would outlive so many people; she wanted to use that to make herself live just as long.

This needs to stop.

She needs to be stopped.

-------------------------------------------------------

"You are back fast."

"Seva can't be reasoned with, I know that." I said. "She will send me to kill off another village in the morning if we don't stop her."

"Then we need to strike now." The Elite said. "I'll warn all loyal to the cause of justice, we need to strike tonight." Another said, running off down the larger tunnel.

"You know what this means right?" Another asked me.

I swallowed hard, of course I did, nodding.

If I can't come up with anything else in the mean time.

Seva will need to die.

--------------------------------------------------

"Seva you really think it is loyalists? Not just villagers?" I asked her, sitting on her bed once again, playing with my fingers as she walked to and fro, doing things and never taking that damned crown off.

"Do you not trust me my dear?" She asked, feeling as if her claws were out.

"No no I do, I was just finding it weird how there are so much."

"They want us out of the castle Skarla, they want to bring chaos while I bring balance and they don't like it." They are doing nothing and you are upsetting balance more.

"What if we just left them alone? We'll kill them if they do anything, let them have their fun." I tried one last time, if she'd agree to rethink it then I would denounce the Elite and protect her with all my strength.

"A weed infects a garden if left unchecked, we need to pull if before it can get its roots in."

"But if it is not a weed?"

"Acceptable sacrifice, next time we'll get the weed."

My heart hurt so much, I stayed silent.

How could love hurt so much? Why does it hurt so much?

I looked at her back as she combed out her hair, not at all bothered by what she said.

I just hope I'll have enough love in my heart to end this madness before it kills us all.