-24-

Well this is slightly better.

One, two, three, thud!

"Well better, you are trying to use your brain." I said, looking at my nails.

Skarla groaned, laying face down on the ground and not getting up right away.

"You at least try to outsmart yourself before rushing in." I continued but she didn't move.

I sighed, turning to her body.

"Get up, you need to train." I nudged her with my boot but she just shoved it away. "Get up."

I grabbed the back of her shirt making her jerk up, twist her head up as she grabbed my arm before trying to bite through my glove with all her strength.

I reeled my fist back and punched her off me.

"What the?" I said, a bit disgusted at the teeth mark in the leather and the aching in my wrist and looked at her blazing eyes with the biggest grin ever and she tried to tackle me but I just side stepped and hit down on the back of her head, making her fall back down on her face again.

Another sigh.

I stepped over her.

"At least you tried to think this time." I said, still looking at the mark, not really tactical but it was a strategy, waiting for me to get close enough to finally lay a hit.... Or in this case a bite, on me. "Not bad." I whispered to my, flexing my hand. "But not enough."

----------------------------------------------------------

What.

The.

Hell.

"What the hell did you do to me?!!" I yelled at Seva who was waiting outside my room as I was basically almost completely naked in front of the full length mirror to look at my whole body, I was one giant bruise! 

"You did this yourself, anger is blinding, try to not let it win and you'd remember what happened or even succeed against me." I heard her muffled voice.

I looked over my body, it felt like a Devine had stomped on it, I was so in pain and so sore, bruises peppering my skin everywhere I looked.

I backed until my given bed and flopped back onto it, cringing at the pain making me regret it as I laid there like a star fish.

I just laid there, reconsidering all my life choices.

(It is basically this from 8:50 to 8:54)

Was this all really worth it?

Well euh yeah of course but... Was it really?

I heard the door knob turn so despite my body's protest I threw myself under the blanket.

"You don't need to be embarrassed, I've seen my fair-share of people in my rebellious princess phase." You are not helping Seva!

I stuck my tongue out like a small child would.

"Don't do that." She flicked my forehead and sat down on the edge of the bed. "But how are you feeling?"

"Exhausted...."

"Well yeah in your anger you did constantly go rushing in, I know I should have told you but it would have had less of an effect, if you grew up in a castle as a court mage you'd need to be careful, the head mages loved to either poison your food or mix something else in it so you either learn to detect it or suffer a bit."

"Were you poisoned?" I asked in worry.

"Yeah and not only by them, when I had my child I was more concentrated on her then what I was given and thoughtlessly drank the cup of tea given to me."

"Did you survive?" We both looked at each other as I realized what I had just said.

"No I died." She said making me blush even more.

"Don't mock me."

"It is amusing." She pat my head. "Anyhow, rest up, even if you don't remember because of blind rage, your body still experienced itself be filled with magic so now it should naturally be to the right level even if the struggle to summon it will not change, it is at least there."

"Is that why everything feels so cold?"

"Yes, when you found me you did confirm when I asked that I had a fever, I was a bit worst off then you with my magic as I see you are taking this surprisingly well.... Well not surprising, you are the descendant of the silver queen."

"I suppose."

"Maybe the pain is for tomorrow." Well that's reassuring.

"Oh...." Was all I added.

"Well sleep Skarla, I'll speak with you later."

"Right."

----------------------------------------------------------

I walked away from her room with a sigh.

We've been here long enough, I've seen dragon scale armor, but where are the dragons?

It annoyed me greatly that the king still keeps it a secret from me... This is all the fault of his mother, she wants to keep him from helping me even now that he signed the contract with me.

She is standing in the way, why? Why why why?

I need him to trust me fully.

But how...

How....