-19-

The walk was arduous but short, going straight over peeks instead of the twisting roads but these people can't keep the pace, they never learnt so I had led them onto a road that would bring us straight to the gates of the elvish land... Well I just say gates, who knows if they really built a wall? I think they must have, being at war with Solor.

We were surrounded by forest making me feel at home in the weirdest of ways.

When I was just a child before my magic came in I had been kidnapped, it was almost like the forest itself helped me hide when I ran from them, I easily found food, hid from danger at night, I wasn't cold, the rain never fell on me.

When my magic came through it was not a surprise I had an affinity to plants.... I only wish I could understand them, my mentor was able to talk with plants.... Whatever with this power I will have what I want, with this power I can learn to do that for sure.

"How far are we still?" Her voice annoyed me.... Can't she stop asking me this.... And yet I didn't rebuke.

"Almost, be happy we walking on a path and not through the wild." I said, lightly flicking her forehead, smiling at the blush on her face, be it embarrassment or something else I wouldn't know.

"Now that's mean Seva."

"Try me Skarla." I grinned back at her turning her face a deeper shade of red.... I like it.

"But like how far are we."

"We'll get there when we do." I dryly told Davis when he spoke. 

"Hey don't be so tense." Skarla poked my side, tapping her finger in my leather corset I had put back on the moment I could, I felt good to wear familiar clothes again.

"We are hunted, tired and with no allies, of course I will be tense." I answered.

"B--" I elbowed Davis in the chest to knock him backward, him being too close to me while it was the flat of my other hand that hit Skarla, she was further away but both fell back in a heap.

--------------------------------------------------------

A blast shook the ground.

"SEVA!!" I yelled in fear, the stinging pain nothing much compared to the pain that stabbed in my heart with the fear that accompanied it.

"I'm fine." She said as I looked up at her, a see through half circle of ice created a wall surrounding us, digging into the dirt where we've been standing.

The ice was so clear, I never see it so clear, always dirty mud water ice or the debris of the river frozen into it.

"You should come out of hiding before I make you." I watched her lightly kick the wall and it shattered into many pieces of long sharp ice orbited her body as she raised her arms... Amazing.

"So be it." She said, flexing her hand and throwing a punch towards the leaves of the trees, ice shards shooting towards where she aimed.

--------------------------------------------------------

I emotionlessly watched the body of the elf crumble out of the tree and fall into a heap on the ground.

"I mean no ill to you elves but I will not let you hurt us." I hissed, did they really think I didn't know where they were? Do they need a second warning?

Lucky they were not idiots and soon I saw guard with iridescent green armor step out from the trees.... Dragon scale armor.

My heartbeat picked up, are the dragons here? It would make sense if they were.

"And you kill one of us without remorse, you call that not being the enemy?" One said in a much softer voice then elves in my time had.

"I will protect my people, such is the duty of elementals and always has been." A heard a whisper in elvish fuse through the group, many of them lowering their weapon but I didn't lower the shards.

"There has not been an elemental born in centuries."

"I was born long ago, I was gifted a destiny to complete, I thank the gods for my second life. I am here because I know of the end to come if the queen is not stopped and as her ancestor it is my duty to take the throne back as my own along with the descendant from the main branch of the family."

More whispers, they are making us wait too long.

"Let us through." Ah I haven't spoken Draklian in so long it felt coarse on my tongue but even the language dragons' speak has some magic woven into it.

"Drop the spell and we might reconsider."

I stepped forwards, ready to kill them, their lives mean nothing to me in the grand scheme of things.

But I felt an arm grab my own.

"Seva..." Skarla said pleadingly. "Don't." Looking into my eyes.... Those damned eyes.

I dropped my arms, brushing a strand of hair out of her face and then did the shards finally scatter on the ground, breaking from the impact.

"You are lucky I care for your opinion." I grinned, dragging a finger down her cheek and tilting her head up with it, pressing into soft flesh, chin tilting up. "But do not show pity in front of potential enemy, they will take it for weakness, never be weak."

"R-right." She whispered.

"Good." I grinned, patting her cheek gently with my other hand before turning away from her completely and taking a few step towards the elves. "I am an ally, I will tell you all the truth but I need your king's help to save the world and be queen again."