Thirty-one

"Strange

"Strange..." Eunji murmured.

-----

She sat down on her bed as she entered her room. After getting fresh she came outside her room and saw her father is writing something on paper...

"What are you doing, father?" She asked as her father got startled.

"What? nothing... stay focus on the study..." Her father said and stood up to go somewhere. Where Eunji is just standing blank.

She thinks sometimes, why they don't give any time or affection?

She came to her mom's room while her mom just left without noticing her. But, her wardrobe was open at that time.

Eunji's POV

As I'm always curious I went to see the wardrobe. I know, it's not good. But... a little won't hurt... I guess.

I opened a drawer of the wardrobe. There are many papers like old letters. I took one, looking around no one is seeing me.

I read it... It seems like someone wrote a letter to his partner cuz he is in another country and he is coming soon.

Is it my father who wrote? Honey dripping letter? WoW! This letter isn't matching his personality.

"From, Dong-Hyun?" I asked myself confused that this isn't my father's name.

Meanwhile, my father came home after some time. "Where did you go?" I got startled by my mom's voice. I thought she was telling me something. Quickly, I closed the drawer. But my mom was asking my father, who just crossed her without answering...

I came to my room with the letter in my hand. I tried to guess that, is it one of my father's nicknames? or any other name?

I fell asleep, thinking deeply. Also, I think tomorrow is our college. Vacation finished.

---------

When the alarm's sound started to annoy me, I got up from my bed.

After all, I went to college. While sitting, "He didn't come." Jihoon was talking to Lina.

"Who?" I asked and Jihoon looked at me.

"Oh! Good thing. You came. Jeonghan didn't come." Jihoon said sitting in his seat.

"Jun-seo came!" I said and some of us looked at him.

"Um... a... Hello..." Jun-seo opened his mouth.

"Why didn't you come yesterday?" I asked.

"Also he didn't receive our calls," Jihoon said.

"OK, OK. Guys, I didn't know you were calling me... and also I wasn't in a mood to come yesterday." He explained.

"It was good that you didn't come to the contest. It was ruined." Jihoon said and Jun-seo looked at him confusedly.

"By the way, where is Jeonghan? He said that, not to wait for him... tomorrow. Also, the contest got ruined." Lina said leaning onto her seat.

"The contest ruined? What do you mean?" Jun-seo asked raising his eyebrows.

"Don't you read the newspaper? It's not new... It's happening like a daily routine." Lina said but Jun-seo still looked dumbfounded.

Then, after explaining to him, he froze. Normal... anyone can freeze.

"Students..." As we heard professor's voice, we all sat down. "From tomorrow's next day I mean after tomorrow, the college will continue in the night... For some reason." Professor said and everyone's face went poker.

"WHat? In the night?" Lina stood up as professor left. "I just chill at night but what the--"

"You are not alone..." I chuckled.

----

After college, I returned home.

And After all, I went to the kitchen and saw my mom is working there.

"Mom..." I mumbled after going toward her and she glared at me.
"Does father has any other nicknames?" I asked and mom looked at me with wide eyes.

"I don't know." But she simply answered my question.

I just nodded quietly and left the kitchen.