Thirty-five

"What made you ask me that if your father has a nickname or not?" I know I asked her a dumb question out of curiosity

"What made you ask me that if your father has a nickname or not?" I know I asked her a dumb question out of curiosity. But, regretting it...

"Um... Actually--" Mom suddenly stood up and went into her room. I went there as well. I saw, she opened the wardrobe and took out a picture. It was that picture.

"I think, I should've said it earlier." She looked at my face which is curious even now.
"What do you think after seeing this pic?" she asked.

"Um... Isn't it you?" I just said and she looked at the photo.

"It's you." She said and I went dumbfounded.
"Yes, it's you. Let me tell you. Actually, I'm not your real mother. He is not your father either. I thought of telling you this but I never had the right time to tell. I'm sorry."

She continues, "It's just some years ago. Very little time gap. At that time your family had some affairs with some people. So... One day..." She stopped.

"One day, then?" I said with a very low voice.

"Then... They killed your parents and before that, your mom said to take care of you. Cuz, we were best friends. Also, you had a best friend. Who's family has also died for same reason." she was telling and I was getting something in my mind again and again like I'm regretting.

"They killed my parents? Al-also I had a best friend?" I asked and she nodded.
"Where?"

"I don't know. But, you guys were just so friendly."

"Why can't I remember anything?" I asked tried to remember but my memory found nothing like that.

"You forgot. Nevermind. Get ready for your College." she said.

"Um, College is at night," I said going toward my room.
After entering, I sat down and sighed. What did I do to deserve this?

After a while, I saw the letter that I brought from the wardrobe.

"Can you say? What's my parents' name?" I asked immediately after leaving my room.

"Your mother is Kim Sayeon and your father is Kim Dong-Hyun"

I looked at the letter's finishing- From Dong-Hyun

"Wanna say something?" She asked and I nodded 'no'

"I know, your stepfather didn't adore you nor talk to you friendly either. Don't you-" Mom cut off cuz of someone rang the bell.

I went back to my room. I don't know if she knows that her husband was a murderer.

She is right, He didn't adore me ever. And also never talked to me friendly either. It was like he doesn't exist. I'm just shocked that he died.
Nothing else...