Hold My Hand🐸👀

⚠️TW⚠️ DEATH

A/N~ This does have a semi spoiler for chimera ant arc, so read at own risk please!

672 words

Meruem's POV

"Komugi, I-...can you hold my hand?" I couldn't bear the thought of her not being by my side. I cared for her deeply more than she could ever know. "Yes Meruem". As she grabbed my hand holding it close to her I started to cry. Warm tears flooded down my cheeks as I prayed we would be together in the end. Why did it have to end like this. I cried harder sniffling every so often. The pain and dread in my heart being masked by my deep admiration of the girl in front of me.

"It's okay Meruem, we'll be together in the end don't worry" she assured me. Still I couldn't help but trust her. If only it had ended differently. If only I hadn't met her she would be safe and loving her life with her family not here with me on our deathbed. At least we were together. This is all my fault. I'm so sorry Komugi. "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry Komugi. It's my fault" I cry out loud not caring about how I sound or look.

I'm on my knees facing this wonderful girl, I had failed to kill in the beginning how could I be so idiotic as to think I could ever kill her intentionally. She let go of my hand and I couldn't help, but be hurt in the moments before she brought me into a tight embrace. I pulled her closer to me, not ever wanting to let go. Not wanting to be alone even in the moments after death. "It's my choice Meruem, don't blame yourself" her voice wavered telling me she was threatening to spill tears. She's so strong, stronger than me. I could never amount to her, not ever.

I just nuzzled into her. Coughing and awaiting my inevitable death. Blood spewed out of my mouth onto the floor behind her. Her body racked with a coughing fit against mine. Bodies going limp into each other as the poison took over us. She is much weaker than me, taking the worst of it and fast. I sobbed and I sobbed as I lost my strength. Cursing myself at how weak I was and that I couldn't help her. I closed my eyes letting it take over me. "I love you Komuji" is the last whisper ever leaving my mouth. Only hearing, "I love you too, Meruem" before my body went limp.

Palm's POV

I watched the interaction, tears falling down my face landing on the ground. I-it's over. How could he love her so much. How could she give her life to die with him. To be with him. I fall to the ground, an overflowing amount of confusion and bittersweet sadness overcoming me. I wanted to scream out loud about this. I can't even move, my breath ragged coming out in harsh inhales and exhales.

Killua came over to me and I couldn't look him in the eye. Everything was blurry. "It's over" I mumbled. Shaking, I can't help but continue to think about what had just happened. How's and why's course though my head. That was so beautiful, I could only wish I could have done something, anything, yet I couldn't because they were both dead. My hand had still covered my eye just looking, seeking for anything at all. Bringing my hand down, I got up and walked over to Ikalgo and sat on the ground, his face showing pity and sadness.

I just couldn't stop the tears.

And end~

A/N~ This death made me sob. I couldn't stop crying, like how could it end like that. I'm sorry I know it would never be as good as the show..but I wrote my own semi ending. Anyways I love you and stay healthy, eat something and drink some water. Have a good day or night!

672 words