Masquerade📓🖊

934 words

A step forward and he interlocked a hand with the raven-haired man, his other hand resting on his hip as he pulled him closer to his person. The slow rhythm of the music led them to the dance floor, moving his different patterns as their feet glided around the room.

Light had been eyeing the man the whole night an uncanny familiar feeling taking over him as he did, but as the ball required a mask and proper clothing he just couldn't put his finger on who it was. He had asked him a few moments ago to dance, but without a word, the man only took his hand and placed his other on his shoulder.

Now a few circles later he was still questioning who this mysterious man could be. "What is your name?" he popped a blunt question but only received a shrug. He couldn't even look the person in the eye as his mask had a black cloth in the eye hole blocking any way of telling the identity that way.

Light could only flicker his gaze between a cold blue veneer and sweet lips that gave him a hint of a grin each time their feet spun. He was getting irritated and quickly at the lack of words yet it enticed him even more. Trying to analyze everything about him he noticed they were in similar height, he had thick black hair pulled back into a bun of sorts, and his pale skin.

He knew he had to know him, but couldn't distinguish who it was. As the song reached a climax Light dipped the man. "I can't out my finger on it, but I know you. Regardless that suit looks good on you" he complimented a deja vu feeling washing of him. "You've said that before, you also said nothing looks good as well" the man leaned in to whisper the last part.

L leaned in and connected his lips to Light's. Light pulled away after a moment grasping as blush covered his face. Ryuzaki? He leaned back up and spun him around, pulling him back to him from behind. "Ryuzaki? Is that you?" he received a nod and as the song quieted he led them off the dance floor.

"What are you doing here?" he questioned lifting his mask. "I was invited Light. I'm assuming you were as well?" L lifted his own mask and went back into a slouch, his hands going to his pockets. Light watched as he did so impressed at how neat and clean the detective could look. Expect how good he looked with his hair out of his face.

Apparently, he got lost in thought because L was snapping in front of his face. "Huh? Oh sorry spaced out for a second there" he chuckled shaking his head. "It's fine Light" he chuckled as well his thumb coming up to his mouth. Light remembered the words uttered by him when he complimented him and the kiss that followed.

Light covered his face and groaned in embarrassment as he did. "Are you okay Light?" L questioned tilting his head towards him. "Why didn't you say anything when we were dancing?" Light regained composure. L thought for a second rubbing his lip with his finger. "It was just a little fun, seeing the expressions on your face as you thought about who I was" he gave a sly smirk.

"Oh, so you were just poking fun at me" Light rolled his eyes the tension in the room growing and the awkwardness faded. "Hm maybe" L shrugged a teasing glint in his eyes. "Oh really?" Light scoffed walking towards him.

"Just a smidge" he raised his hand a pinched two fingers together with a smile drawn across his face. "Hm, just a smidge" Light mocked pushing L back against the wall of the hall they had gone into gently. L hummed as he did so, a smug expression written on his face. Light got a little irritated at the look on his face.

Leaning in closer and closer to his face, his hands going to his hips pulling him closer to him, he gently touched his lips against L's. L graciously accepted the kiss and brought his body closer to Light's. Light slid his hands up his suit and dress shirt, his fingers dragging along his ribs. L giggled at the feeling, but as he was getting into the kiss Light pulled away and removed his hands off of him.

He was dumbfounded at the sudden stop. Raising an eyebrow at the dirty blond he watched as he dusted himself off. "Sorry just wanted to give you the same treatment" he chuckled sliding his deep red mask back on. L grumbled, but copied him and walked back into the main room. He would just get him back later.

And end~

A/N~ Ayyyy some short L and Light I hope you all know I'm writing this before my return T^T...I have at least a month of rewritten content now and guess what! IM ADDING NEW SHIPS! I can't wait till this is posted and you all see the new ships and here's a hint of animes they are coming from...Haikyuu, MHA, and maybe even some other recommendations //>^<//...WELL ANYWAYS I wasn't really listening to anything well if We don't talk and Bruno and fun fact I have been to the Bahamas, not that it's a fun fact just thought it was cool cause I've never met anyone else who has...anyways again I love you and stay healthy

934 words