29

Barry and Nora were back in the loft and to their surprise everyone else was sitting at the table, they didn't even have time to say hello when Iris said

"Why didn't you tell us about anything ?!"

"About what?" Nora asked, trying to avoid the subject

"Barry, do you know anything about Nora's situation?" Iris asked

"You mean the divorce? Yes" Barry replied

"Exactly... wait, did she tell you?"

"I wanted to let off steam! I talked to Cassie in recent days... with Bart it makes no sense, he said that the marriage was a mistake from the beginning....
With Caitlin, the one of the future, I couldn't ... she would have tried to console me but how she could, given the surgery...I talked to you, but it didn't help, since you never even came to the wedding, you always hated the person I married, you just said I told you, you shouldn't get married "

"What do you mean I didn't come to your wedding?"

"You did not accept that I had chosen Caitlin and not you as a maid of honor, you did not show up at the ceremony"

"What??? You chose her and not me!"

"You reacted the same way, you both didn't approve of the relationship, you didn't trust Jack, but at least she didn't try to screw it up!!"

"What would I have done ??!?!" Iris screamed

"You did everything to make us break up, you made us fight over everything, right away since we went out together in high school. You said "it's too hasty, you shouldn't have accepted" and you repeated it to exhaustion!"

"Maybe it was"

"I made the proposal!! You made fun of me for this so ..."

"So what, Nora !?"

"I asked the mother who wasn't trying to screw it up to be the maid of honor"

"How dare you!!" Iris screamed

However, Nora turned to Cassie and laughed, then turned to Iris

"The only reason we don't keep screaming is because I can't expect much calm from you in the second month"

"What?" They all said in chorus

"I'll be born in 7 months so ..."

Iris started crying and hugged Nora "Sorry my baby I'm sorry ..."

"Don't worry ... I wanted to make sure you were pregnant with me ... I lied, Jenna was the maid of honor, I didn't know who to choose and in the end I made Grandpa Joe choose, no one has ever objected, although now I wish I 'you did ... "

A few minutes later as everyone else was congratulating Barry and Iris, Caitlin asked Nora

"Nora, sorry I wanted to ask you something ... you said Jack ... but you're..."

"You are amazing, mom!"

"What do you mean?"

"You knew right away, I came out the first time to Aunt Kara. I was scared about how you would react, but when I came to tell you ... you already knew, you always knew! Jack is the diminutive of Jacqueline, I'd better explain it to dad too, hoping you don't tell Iris about it"

"Why?"

"I never told her ... but she knew ..."

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to" Caitlin said seeing Nora get sad