64 Race Against Time: 16 hours

Present time, Caitlin's apartment

"Hi Cait," Barry said as he entered her apartment

"Don't call me that Barry!" Caitlin said in tears

"Don't cry Cait, I'm sorry!"

"Barry we messed it up, I took it all!"

"Cait, I kissed you! You don't have to blame yourself!"

"Do not call me that!" Caitlin said in tears

"What does it mean?"

"It means I screwed up! I can't stay!"

"What?!"

"Barry... I'm leaving Central City tonight!"

"You can't Cait, we need you! I need you! You are my best friend ... if you want we can even forget that kiss ..."

"I don't know Barry ..."

"Look Cait, Cassie said we'll only get together after Iris and I are over ... I don't love you right now Caitlin, I love Iris ... I just ask you one thing: please stay here in Central City"

"No Barry, I'm sorry, but I can't"

"You are my daughter's godmother! Even Joe agrees!"

"Why me ?! Iris doesn't want me! She proposed Kara!"

"Yes, but I wish it were you!"

"Why? Kara is awesome, she's your super friend and... Iris's best friend."

"Yes it's true, Kara would be perfect, she would be sweet to Nora and at the same time she would be a source of inspiration, but ... she wouldn't love Nora as much as you do"

"What do you mean?"

"I remember your expression after Cicada broke Nora's back, it was the same one you had when you thought Frost was gone forever because of DeVoe."

"We had such a similar story ... she hadn't had a father by her side and her mother had hidden the truth from her ... I understood how she felt, you're right ever since I loved her like a daughter.

When she called me mom for the first time, my heart was filled with joy, but ... "

"But what? Cait, believe me, you would be the perfect godmother!"

"No Barry, I have to go away!"

"Cait, please ..."

"No! Barry, go away!" Caitlin said in tears

"Okay Cait, just know we're all here for you!" Barry said running away

STAR Labs

"Cassie?! Where are you?" Barry said as he stepped into the Cortex

"Dad stop screaming" Nora said, rubbing her temples  "My head is bursting with the whole thing about restoring memories ... what do you want from my sister?"

"Sorry Nora ... Do you know where Cassie is?"

"Yes, but ... I doubt I can tell you ..."

"Please, I need to talk to her, it's about Caitlin"

"What happened to her?"

"Nothing, she's fine ... the problem is another"

"Which?"

"Er ... we kissed, now she wants to leave Central City"

"Wait, What ?! Did you two kiss ?!"

"That's not the point!"

"Yes you did! You have always had a strong chemistry, but you have never gone beyond looks"

"What looks?"

"One thing we all knew is that there has always been a certain complicity between you two ... but you have always remained only best friends, no one expected you two to get together!"

"For real?"

"Yes, even when I was little and you and Iris were separated you didn't ..."

"What?!"

"I shouldn't have said that ..."

"What are you talking about Nora?"

"Grandpa Joe told me about it ... when I was little, you wanted to have a second child right away, but you couldn't ... in the end you separated, for almost two years ..."

"What?"

"You both tried to move on, but in the end you got back together. Anyway you were in a relationship for about 8 months ... Iris kicked you out of the loft, you slept at Caitlin's house, everyone thought you two were together ..."

"What do you mean?"

"You and Mom were getting a divorce by mutual agreement, so at the Christmas party she asked you to invite your girlfriend, and to everyone's surprise, it wasn't Caitlin! She introduced everyone to her boyfriend."

"Who was she?"

"Aunt Kara"

"What?"

"Everyone reacted that way, except Cait"

"I mean you're telling me that I almost left Iris for Kara before Iris and I ..."

Barry had started in a cold sweat, was pale and wide-eyed, had stopped listening while Nora kept telling

"You and Iris were still in love, you were in crisis when Kara was pregnant ..." Nora said, starting to laugh

"What's wrong with you now?"

"I'm kidding you! You should see your face!"

"You shouldn't joke about this kind of thing!"

"You shouldn't give your daughter a headache after her sister practically burdened her brain with hundreds of lightning bolts, to restore memories of two timelines !!"

"Touché"

"Anyway, dad, I'll take care of Cait"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I grew up with her, I know how to change her mind!"

"Are you really sure?"

"Dad! I'm not fooling you now! I know how to talk to my mom!" Nora said, speeding away