2. Party Pooper

(Y/N) walked over to the bar, which was a little ways away from where he was before. Alfred was currently out serving drinks, so Nat was at the bar while he was gone.

"How'd a nice girl like you end up in a place like this?" (Y/N) joked.

"Fella done me wrong," Nat replied.

"Alright, point me in the direction of the guy I need to beat up."

"He's not bad, actually. Well, some people would argue against that. But I've done worse than him."

(Y/N) pointed at himself in mock surprise.

Natasha nodded. "He dresses like a bat, but he's the world's greatest detective."

At that moment, Alfred came back and Natasha left.

"Are you alright, sir?" Alfred asked. "Your cheeks are all red."

"No, they're not."

"I know what I saw, Master (L/N). You and Ms. Romanoff would make quite the couple." Alfred lowered his voice so only he could hear it. "In your dreams, Alfred."

At that, (Y/N) stood up and left.

—-

Later, after most everyone had left, the Avengers plus Agent Maria Hill and Dr. Helen Cho - who had helped rehabilitate Clint after what happened in Sokovia - were sitting around a table, with Alfred still at the bar, cleaning up and getting ready to accompany (Y/N) back to Gotham.

Clint and Thor were having a conversation about the latter's hammer.

"It's a trick!" Clint was saying.

"Oh, no, it's much more than that," Thor said.

"Uh, 'whosever shall be worthy shall have the the power!' Whatever, man! It's a trick!"

Thor motioned to his hammer, which was on the table they were sitting around. "Well please, be my guest."

"Come on," Tony said.

"Really?" Clint asked.

"Yeah!"

Clint stood up and began to walk over to the hammer.

"Oh, this is gonna be beautiful," Rhodey said.

"Clint, you've had a tough week," Tony remarked. "We won't hold it against you if you can't get it."

"That thing looks like it weighs more than a brick of the exact same size," (Y/N) said.

"Which guarantees you won't be able to lift it, sir!" Alfred called over from the bar.

Clint reached for the hammer and pulled - nothing happened. "I still don't know how you do it!"

"Smell the silent judgement?" Tony joked.

"Please, Stark, by all means."

Tony stood.

"Oh, here we go," Natasha said.

There were a few quiet murmurs as Tony made his way over. "Never one to shrink from an honest challenge."

"Get after it," Clint edged him on.

"It's physics." Tony laid a hand on the hammer. "So if I lift it, then I rule Asgard?"

"Yes, of course," Thor said, knowing nothing would happen.

"I will be reinstituting Prima Nocta." Tony strained to lift the hammer, but nothing happened. "I'll be right back."

He returned a moment later with his suit's gauntlet. Still nothing.