21. Leipzig-Halle

Steve was jogging towards a grounded chopper at Leipzig-Halle airport, ready to get out of Germany.

An electro-disabler stuck to the side of the chopper. Steve glanced up and saw Tony and Rhodey flying down, whilst (Y/N) grappled in from a little ways away.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport," Tony said. "Don't you think that's weird?"

"Definitely weird," Rhodey replied. (Y/N) remained silent.

"Hear me out, Tony," Steve pleaded. "That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this."

T'Challa leapt over a truck in his Black Panther suit. "Captain."

"Your highness."

"Anyway," Tony went on, "Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?"

"You're after the wrong guy."

"Your judgement is askew. Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday.

"And there are six more super soldiers like him. I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't. Especially not Bane."

(Y/N)'s head tilted up. "Bane? The doctor wants him?" (Y/N) recalled the file Natasha had given him, the and the information Zola had on the League of Shadows.

As if on cue, Natasha emerged. "Steve, you know what's about to happen. Do you really wanna punch your way out of this one?"

"Alright, I've run out of patience," Tony sighed. "Underoos!"

Peter emerged from his hiding place and shot a web at Steve's shield, taking it whilst binding Steve's hands.

"Nice job, kid," Tony praised him.

"Thanks. Well, I could have stuck the landing a little better. It's just the new suit... Well, it's nothing, Mr. Stark, it's... it's perfect. Thank you."

"Yeah, we don't really need to start a conversation."

"Okay. Cap... Captain. Big fan, I'm Spider-Man."

"Yeah, we'll talk about it later," Tony continued. "Just..."

"Hey, everyone," Peter said.

"...Good job."

"You've been busy," Steve said to Tony.

"And you!ve been a complete idiot. Dragging in Clint, rescuing Wanda and Pietro from a place they don't even want to leave - a safe place. I'm trying to keep... I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart.

"You did that when you signed."

"Alright. We're done. You're gonna turn Barnes over, you're gonna come with us. Now! Because it's us or a squad of J-SOC guys with no compunction about being impolite. Come on."

Steve held up his hands and an arrow pierced Peter's webbing. Clint. "Alright, Lang. Pietro."

Pietro suddenly ran in and tackled (Y/N), throwing him into a plane far from the main fight.

"Sorry, Batman," Pietro said, "But you sided with Stark."

(Y/N) got up to his knees and placed his hands behind his back. "Well, then, no hard feelings."

He spotted a cut on Pietro's arm, then threw two canisters, one labelled F and the other labelled 2H.

They both cracked on Pietro's cut, and the liquids from the canisters began to seep inside. Pietro cried out in pain, then tried to run, but found his speed had been impaired.