Chapter 13 Seven Deadly Sins

***I just thought this song really is kind of like Kai. Like her theme or something XD Listen to it if you want. You don't have to though.

-------

October 31st, 2005

My eyes wandered around our surroundings. The battle to be fought between Toman and Valhalla was held in a junkyard. I spotted a mountain made out of cars a little further way from my group. I continued to look around, seeing many faces. It seemed that many different gangs were here to spectate this battle.

"Who are those guys?" I heard one of the extras in the background question about us.

Even though we had tried to stay in the corner, out of sight, there were people watching us in curiosity.

"Seven Deadly Sins?" The kanji '七つの大罪' was clearly visible beneath a pentagram written in red colors on all of our black zip up hoodies. "What kind of lame gang name is that? Never heard of them before," I heard someone else comment.

"Why do they wear masks? They must be uglier than those masks of theirs."

Hilarious.

The bottom portion of our faces were hidden behind red oni masks. We decided that they were the best to show that we were demons. We wanted them to fear us. Plus, the masks had a different function. In order to keep our identities a secret, Masa made sure the masks were equipped with a voice changer. If we spoke, our voices would sound demonic in nature.

You really out done yourself, Masa.

I was proud to call him my best friend. He was able to make anything happen. He might not be as physically strong as I was but his brains more than made up for it. He was a master at craftsmanship. He even made it so there was a way to attach the hood to the mask so that when we were fighting the hood wouldn't fall off and expose us.

"Tsk," I heard one of our members let out under his breath, "What a bunch of idiots."

"Relax, Beel," Masa told him, "You're supposed to be gluttony not wrath."

"Only because it was already taken," he said. "Right, Satan?"

"Now you are sounding like Levi."

"Enough," Ayato stopped them, "I'm Satan. Get over it already."

I spotted the English writing of 'Satan' on Ayato's hoodie written across her shoulders. Everyone was given a name and it was written on their backs. On our chest was our rank. Ayato's number was '二', making her second in rank.

I turned to look at Masa. He was known as Mammon, the sin of Greed, and third in rank. He decided to use that identity because it sounded relatively close to his own name.

We also had Beelzebub, sin of Gluttony, and our fourth rank. Belphegor, sin of Sloth, our fifth rank. Asmodeus, sin of lust, our sixth rank. And Leviathan, sin of Envy, our seventh rank.

"Lucifer," I turned to Ayato, "Looks like it's about to start."

I stopped my distracted thoughts of our small gang. I could see my brother in the crowd with Chifuyu.

"About damn time," Beel let out in impatience.

I knew the other four guys' names but I preferred to keep their secret identities in mind for now.

The doors of the junkyard opened and I spotted my boyfriend alongside his captains and members. It felt like it had been forever since I last saw him in person. He wore an emotionless expression on his face. I wanted to run by his side but this wasn't the time. I had to remember my mission. I also couldn't let myself run to save Take if he got into trouble. I couldn't fight by his side.