Chapter 10

Malfoy Manor

Lord and Lady Malfoy woke up on an average day in summer, enjoying their holiday while they can with their son. Draco slowly heading down to breakfast. They are eating peacefully till three letters appear on their table, obviously by house elf.

They each take one and start ready Harriet's letter to magical Britain. All feeling unsure of her truths till they see the images and memories. Draco very pale and feeling sick. Narcissa covering her mouth aghast and shocked.

Her eyes start tearing up as she puts the letter down. "Who could hurt a child like that, especially in their early stages of development." She asks Lucius sadly. He squeezes her shoulder in reassurance. "I don't know Cissa... I don't know. I had no idea she went through anything like this." Lucius says, looking slightly regretful and unsure now. "I thought she'd had a great life too. I guess the question now is why is she not in Slytherin? She would have been safe there." Draco asks quietly.

They all look down slightly, Draco picking at his food, the others eating slightly. Narcissa goes over and hugs Draco to her, trying to reassure him. Them all feeling tense about the letter, obviously it is hitting a soft spot with them. Lucius looking down at his mark now and again.

"What's wrong?" Cissa asks Lucius as he keeps looking at his mark. "Just waiting for the dark lord to call me. He will probably want to talk about this development." Lucius says, feeling nervous and slightly scared. Surprised as he now feels slightly protective of Potter now.

Suddenly a house elf pops into the room, scaring all three of them as they jump. The house elf nervously gives Lucius a message before popping out of the room. "What is it? Is it from the dark lord?" Narcissa asks urgently as she shoos Draco off to his room for some privacy.

She obviously still isn't sure that Severus successfully restored Tom's full sanity using some of his horcruxes. Lucius opens the letter and reads it, slightly shocked before looking back at her unsure. "No, its actually umm Fudge. He wants to discuss with me on how we should deal with this. Probably cause its damaging his reputation, especially after last year. " He says hurriedly as he summons some refined over robes to him to look presentable.

"Oh alright, I'll keep the lord informed. Its good he still trusts you. Our lord wants us to keep all our connections, so this is good news I suppose." She says, pleased as her pureblood mask is back on as he kisses her head and heads to the floo. Soon arriving at the ministry.