Chapter 74

Harriet's POV

I am excited. Despite everything going on at the moment with my soulmates I finally get to transform with my family. I became an animagus for a couple reasons. One for safety reasons, an emergency getaway. Two to help my family and finally three to protect those I love. I have two complete forms that I can transform into. The problem is that I'm not sure which form to take tonight. I mean I could just go in my original form, but I feel it may be a little awkward. Saying that I feel I will be questioned no matter which form I take. 

I sighed, no matter about that I still can't help feeling worried about my soulmates. I mean I don't think Tom would do anything stupid with them and I know they aren't like really 'hurt' but who knows what his 'tasks' are. I lowered my mental shield again it still felt wrong and weak, I hated it. "Tom ... Tom I know you can hear me.." I say mentally to him. He refuses to respond. 

I groan, "he is acting like a man child. I swear why are people so scared of a man child." I say inwardly as I laugh. I hear a grumble in my head and some muttered words. "Really Harriet? I am not a man child." He says to me. I smirk, "Really then why were you refusing to answer me?" I respond. "Because I know you would not agree with my perfectly fair tasks for your soulmates." I says back mentally to me.  "What are you doing with my soulmates Tom? What are the tasks?" I ask, feeling worried about the answer. 

"I don't know why your so worried. They are perfectly fair and relatively easy." He says and I hear the smirk in his mental voice. "Tom." I say with an impatient tone. "Ok, ok. Calm down my little Harriet. The first task is they have to play chess and win." He says. I think about it... chess isn't too bad. Wizarding chess is scary though... wait.. " Tom did you get the idea from McGonagall by any chance." I ask already pretty sure of the answer. "Well she does have a brilliant mind. I mean making humans into the chess pieces.. its marvellous. " He says with a smart tone. 

I mean it could be worse... they are enhanced, well some of them and they are pretty smart. It could be worse. "The next 'task?" I ask him and he pauses for a second. That does not seem good at all. "Well you see, the first task gauges their mental stimulus so the next one is physical..." He says, trailing off. I pause, what would Tom think as physical. "They just have to fight and destroy some Inferi.." He says. "How many?" I ask cautiously. He doesn't respond and he shuts me out suddenly. 

I wince as my scar starts to hurt. I really did not miss that pain. I grab my phone curiously to check the time and for any messages. It's 5:30pm so dinner time soon. I then notice a couple missed calls from Phil Coulson. I wonder what he wants. I shrug and decide that I have time so I call him back. It should be 12:30 there so its an ok time to call. The phone rings, once, twice, thrice before I hear his voice on the other end. 

(Harriet(H), Coulson(C) Fury(F))

C: Harriet It is so good to hear from you. Are you and the other Avengers ok?

I think confused for a second, why wouldn't we be ok. 

H: Yeah we are mostly ok. Why? What is going on?

C: Well Avengers tower is completely destroyed and we haven't been able to get in touch with any of you. 

H: What do you mean? When was the tower destroyed? 

I ask in a panic. I know none of us were there but if the tower is destroyed that means more people are still after us. We only just stopped Dumbledore. 

C: A few hours ago. Everyone has been in a panic to try to find you all. Where are you? We can't track your phone. 

H: Your trying to track me?

C: Yes to bring you to a safe location immediately. Are the others with you?

H: I am in a safe location and I am not going anywhere. Trying to track me without my consent is not ok. 

I say strongly feeling immensely annoyed at him, what is going on right now? The world is going crazy again. 

F: Give me that. 

F: Look do you not hear him. You are not safe. Give us your location and we will pick you and the others up now. 

H: No. 

F: What?

H: You heard me. I said no. 

F: What do you mean no?

H: I mean if you can't track us we are clearly under the radar. We are safer here than we would be in any shied base. 

F: Hmmm that is a good point. Do you at least know the others are safe?

I wince a little at that. 

H: Yeah mostly. Keep me up to date on the investigation of the tower. 

C: Mostly Wh-

The phone then cut off. I looked at it confused only to realise it had died. I should really charge it. When did I last charge it? "Harriet food!" I hear a voice yell. I smile. It is definitely Sirius. Time to eat and then spend my first full moon with my family.  

(Hi, I'm sorry this took so long but I hope you like it. Long chapter, you will find out their forms soon so any guesses?)