Chapter 47

Hydra Base

The Team: Loki, Bucky, Thor, Clint, Natasha, Bruce, Steve and Tony got called on another mission. "They better have my scepter this time." Loki muttered sullenly. As they arrived at the 'secret' base they sneaked around the perimeter. Though the supposed to be stealth entrance failed as they seemed to trip some invisible wires as they started being attacked.

Soon it was an all-out battle as they used trucks, high tree top bases and underground bunkers to fire at them. Hundreds of hydra soldiers shooting at them as the team fights back. Tony flew straight to the main are of the base in an attempt to commandeer it. Though as he attempted to hit it with a blast it bounced back at him as he dodged it. The base was protected by a shield.

Natasha and Clint soon captured one of the enemies' trucks and started firing back from it with Clints arrows. Natasha drove it, avoiding hitting anything with excellent driving. Bruce controlled himself as he hulked out as Natasha sent him an appreciative nod. Hulk then attempts to attack, destroying underground bunkers and trucks with no issue.

The soldiers were attacking them with advanced weaponry which while surprising was no issue thanks to Tony's advancements to their suits to help to protect them. Thor grabbed Loki and flew up to the small treetop bases that were firing down on them. They flew between the bases knocking everyone off, stopping that attack. Bucky was putting his metal arm to good use defending himself and hitting the enemies of centre.

It was at this point some knock off ironman suits flew at the Avengers team, attacking them. They weren't nearly as good as Tony's suits but they were still good. Though they were nothing compared to the avengers with their skills. Steve proceeded to steal a bike off one of the Hydra base soldiers and rode it around. Using his shield to defend himself and knock enemies over.

The team worked together in unison as Hulk defended Natasha and Clint on their truck as Thor and Loki defended Steve on his bike. Bucky bringing up the rear and stopping attacks from behind as much as he can. Tony still attempting to get past the shield on their main base.

Tony attempts to blast his way into the base, forcing the barrier down but fails miserably as the shots fire back at him. "Shit!" He says frustrated and annoyed as he dodges the shots coming back at him. The others hear him on the comms and are slightly concerned. "Language." Steve responds instinctively. Obviously realizing his mistake he tried to distract everyone, "Jarvis what's the view from upstairs?" He asks.

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield, Struckers technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken so far." Jarvis responds over the intercoms. Loki responds frustrated, "They must have my here. No way he could mount this defence without it." He says, taking a deep breath. "At long last we have found it. Hopefully." Loki finishes with a sigh.

As they got closer to the base, making progress across the land. The attacks were increased tenfold with grenades, lasers and mines. (Enter epic fight scene). Natasha jumps off the truck as they crash it, Clint joining Bucky in the back. Natasha fights epically hand to hand and even manages to shot one of the people controlling one of the lasers. "At long last is lasting a little long." She says irritated.

"Yeah, I think we lost the element of surprise." Clint says jokily with a small laugh. Clint fires off one of his arrows blowing up an underground base with his shot as Tony worked on stopping their reinforcements from joining them as he shot them as soon as they left the base. "Wait a second. Is no one else gonna deal with the fact that Cap just said Language?" Tony asked with a cheeky grin crossing his face inside his suit.

Steve sighed audibly over the comms. "I know, It just slipped out..." Steve says as if resigned as he dodges people firing at him on the motorcycle. Then he gets off the bike and flips it into an underground bunker as it explodes. It was at this point that the base changed their attacks. Instead of just aiming at the Avengers it was almost always hitting the nearby village as well.

Jarvis noticing this quickly warns the Avengers over the comms. "Sir. The city is taking fire." Jarvis says as Tony sighs. "Well obviously we know they aren't gonna worry about civilian casualties..." Tony says annoyed before thinking for a second. "Send in the iron legion." A team of iron men from Tony's base fly down to the village to help clear the area. In the attempt to clear the area for safety they only get abuse from the civilians.