★32★

Ep. 32 - Guess not.

I dropped the gun, looking at him in disbelief. There's no way, they found me. No, Fury did but the others? Where are the others?

"I'm sorry for barging in, (L/N). But no need to worry, no one knows about this, just me. The avengers doesn't know about it." He spoke.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. "If you don't mind, can I come in?" He asked.

I hesitated a bit but I let him in, looking for anyone in the street before closing it. I turned around to see him, sitting on the couch. With arms crossed, I asked him.

"Now tell me, what are you doing here?" I said as I walked towards the kitchen with my back turned to him, and started cleaning the countertop.

"Everyone is clearly looking for you. Why would you run away?" He said.

"That's not the reason.." I calmly spoke before dropping the wet cleaning rug near the sink.

Silent filled the room before Fury cleared his throat. "You're in danger and you know it. Emerson (L/N), your father, is hunting for your head as it seems that you're a bounty." He spoke.

"Great, so I have a bounty on my head." I said, clearly not having any of this shit today. "Yes." He only spoke.

"Are you going to tell the others? That I have a bounty on my head." I said. "If you want, but I'm in no authority of you for me to say it to them." He said. Thank God..

"If it gets out of control, tell them. If they started freaking out, tell them I told you not to tell everyone."

He nodded. "Is that all you have to tell me?" I asked. "Your mother, is it alright for you if I started dating her?" His voice being barely audible but I heard loud and clear. I quickly turned to him.

"Please, don't tell me you like my mom. Please! Don't tell ME that you like my mother."

"Well, if it's not alright for you, that's fine by me."

I groan before sighing, looking away from my one-eyed step-father. "Just don't break her heart, for once I want her to be happy since I'm not always there for her." I said. He just nodded. "Thank you." He whispered under his breath.  

"Well, I'll be going now. I'll be monitoring you if everything went out of control, remember, you can run to the tower for help." He spoke yet again before walking out of the door.

"Make mom happy for me." I said. "Will do, thank you again." He replied before hearing the door open and closed shut.

Great. Just great. And now Fury, MY boss, is going to be my stepfather. If anything escalated which I already knew it will.

I sighed, I have a bounty on my head, Fury is going to be my stepdad. What's next? Tony suddenly barging in my home because he silently followed Fury.

"(Y/N)."

Oh great, my wish came true.

"Stark." I spoke, turning around to see him.

His eyes were bloodshot. He's been crying. I felt bad for him. Why am I feeling bad? Well he's still my soulmate.

He walked up to me before doing something surprising.

He kissed me. My soulmate, Tony Stark, who I turned into an enemy, the one who turned my life upside down. Kissed me.

I can't believe it. His lips were still soft yet rough on touch. I felt myself dizzy from it. I kissed him back, an ecstatic feeling raised from both of us.

This was the second time in months, where I felt this happiness. Oh yeah, the first one was where me and him did it.

In what seems like ages, we both pulled out, both breathing heavy. "You don't know how long I wanted to do that." He whispered.

I smiled a little at him. "Look, I'm sorry, alright? I shouldn't have been too rough on you. Pepper told me that if I kept on pushing you away. I'll lose you forever and I don't want that."

You clearly do.

"Please, go back to the tower. For me, for everyone. They missed you so bad. We thought it will be fine but seeing that - everyone now knew who you are - you'll be in more danger." He spoke yet again, pressing his forehead to mine.

"I promise, I'll be fine here, I spoke to Fury that if everything went out of control, I'll run to the tower as fast as I could." I smiled at him. He just nodded.

"And you should go home, I promise, I'll be fine." I added.

"You don't want me to stay?"

That made my heart stop and blood run cold. His stern voice was poking a hole through my brain. Did he just thought I'm cheating, literally?

"You don't want me to stay." He repeated, backing away a bit. "What? Are you cheating? I know about your relationship with those 4 guys but are you seriously cheating with another guy?"

"I didn't mean it like that." I spoke. "Well, clearly you meant it." He replied. "Tony, I'm not cheating!" I yelled.

"I can literally smell some guy's perfume around here!" He yelled. I slapped him. "You're stupid. I thought you're supposed be the genius billionaire, clearly not." I said to him.

Tears were making its way to my eyes making them look glassy. He glared at me before walking back out. "Yeah! That's right, run away from your problems! Clearly being a genius is getting a rub on you!" I yelled once again before the door slammed shut.

I looked down as tears started flowing down my eyes. "I thought we're okay, guess not.."

____________________________________

I'm sorry for being away for soooooo longgg! I've been busy making a project for my other account that I forgot about this bruv.

And to be honest I'm surprised that this shit is on 20k+ now.