Chapter 2

Dream's lips tugged into a smile as he soared above the clouds, loving the feeling of the wind brushing against his body. He spun around and did several death drops, where he would allow himself to plummet to the ground before pulling back up.

A good fly always helped to clear his head. When he started to feel a bit tired, he landed graceful on the edge of a cliff. It was a full moon night, and the view from this place was certainly bewitching.

Dream sat down on the grass and stared up at the sky, simply admiring the sight. Unlike some of the Fallen, who viewed humans as nothing more than pest, he found them intriguing. They were weak, much weaker than the Fallen, yet they have managed to survive this long.

Despite the circumstances and their short lives, they managed to pull through. Some humans that he had encountered, even put up a decent fight before they met their ends.

Just then a chill ran down his spine, and he felt like something was watching him. He stood back up and turned towards the forest behind him, scanning the darkness for any signs of life.

Suddenly, a darkened figure rushed towards him. Dream was taken back by the human's speed, but he managed to get his arm up in time to block the human's iron dagger.

In the moonlight, Dream was able to get a good look at his attacker. Though the human had a red cape on, the fallen could see he was also wearing a blue hoodie and black pants. However, the mushroom hat and tainted goggles, that the human donned, prevented Dream from finding out his attacker's hair and eye color.

With a smirk, Dream swung his arm, knocking the knife out of the human's hands. His attacker gasped and jumped back.

Dream looked down at his arm, and was pleased to see the small cut already healing. Only diamond weapons had the ability to do decent damage, but Fallen possessed the ability to heal quickly, so humans were still at a great disadvantage.

Dream decided that it was his turn to make a move, so he flew towards the human at an incredible speed, and tackled him to the ground. The human struggled underneath him, which made him huff in amusement.

Suddenly the human pulled another weapon out, one that Dream had never seen before. It was made out of iron, but its handle was wood. It was L shaped, and the front part of it looked like an iron pole with a hallow center.

Dream let down his guard, as he stared at the item with curiosity. Suddenly the weapon made a loud noise, similar to thunder, and Dream felt something lodge into his arm, followed by a sharp pain in that very area.

The fallen yelp and flew back, then gripped  onto his injured arm. He could feel the blood trickle down, and just stood there in shock. A mere mortal had managed to hurt him... and why wasn't it healing immediately.

He glanced back up to see the human disappear into the forest. Dream then straightened up, and focused all his healing power into the area of his injury.

Out of the hole that was slowly closing, popped out a cylinder-like, black object. Dream picked it up, and held it to the light.

He returned his attention to where he last saw the human, and an amused smile crossed his face.

Humans really are interesting creatures...

~0~0~0~

Meanwhile, the same human who had attacked Dream, was running through the wooded area, and had just entered the thicker dark oak forest. Large mushrooms towered over head, providing him with even more cover, but he still glanced back every once in a while to make sure that he wasn't being followed.