Chapter 15

The proposition didn't please Dream, but he didn't like seeing the human trembling, so he released his grip. George's legs were unfortunately weak from how scared he was, and he only made it a few more feet before falling to the ground again.

Dream was at his side in a second and tried to help him up, but George scrambled away to a wall of netherrack, where he slowly reached for his dagger.

"Please don't be scared of me..." Dream muttered out, catching the brunette by surprise at how vulnerable he sounded. "I'm sorry for scaring you, I don't know what came over me...please forgive me," he continued.

George slowly got his breathing under control. "No I should apologize, I didn't mean to take advantage of your generosity."

"It fine really..." Dream said, "Can I come closer?"

George hesitated for a second before nodding, the fallen made sure to approach him slowly, trying to prove that he wasn't a threat.

"I'll give you gold..." Dream offered, as he knelt down again and cupped his hands.

He was about to start producing the ore when George's hands covered his own. "No need," The human said with a smile.

"You're mad at me, aren't you," Dream stated in a sad tone.

"No Dream, I'm not." George reassured

"But you won't let me give you stuff anymore..."

"You've already given me so much Dream," George pointed out, as he opened his bag to show the fallen all the netherite scrapes, and the fallen's eyes catches a glimpse of the brunette's notebook.

He inquires about it, and the human pulls it out with a proud smile. George then asks Dream to sit besides him, and they spend the next few minutes going over every page in his notebook. Dream's lips tug upwards, as he watches the brunette go into great detail about the amazing inventions of the past, with passion clearly shining in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, I must be boring you with all this information." George stated after sometime, clearly embarrassed for rambling.

"No, I like hearing you talk, keep going," Dream said, making George blush.

"Are you blushing?" Dream asked in a teasing tone.

"No I'm not blushing!" George insisted.

"Yes you are, oh my gosh your cheeks are so pink!" Dream continued, and George lightly hit his chest. "Stop it Dream!" he stated with a pout.

Dream wheezed before turning back to the notebook, which showed a blueprint of an airplane.

"This is what humans used so they could fly!" George explained enthusiastically.

"Yes, I do remember seeing them before, the drawing is pretty accurate," Dream commented, making George's eyes widen.

"You've actually seen them in action?" George asks, with an excited glimmer in his eyes.

"Yes, we Fallen live very long lives, I am actually over 200 years old."

"Gosh you're ancient!" George commented, making Dream wheeze even louder, before standing up.

"I want to show you something," the fallen says, holding his hand out to the human.

George takes it and Dream pulls him closer. The fallen gently guides the human's arms to wrap around his neck,, then lifts him up.

"Hold on tight now," The demigod reminds, and the human gives him a nod.

Dream then takes off, and George enjoys the scenery passing them below. They flew over the woods, across the ocean, and in the distance the brunette could make out some tall structures. The brunette lets out a gasp when he recognizes the structures to be the ruins of a city.