☆Chapter One☆

(𝐈 𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐒, 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐒, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐌𝐘 𝐎𝐂𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐎𝐓! 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒 𝐆𝐎 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐎𝐖𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐒!!)

"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒊𝒔. 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒊 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝑺𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒚 𝑴𝒖𝒔𝒉. 𝑼𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒍 𝑰 𝒎𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎..." - 𝑩𝑹𝑬𝑻𝑻 𝒕𝒐 𝑬𝑳𝑬𝑵𝑨

                                ~~~~~
                       "Introductions."
                                     ~~~~~

"I guess this is home now." I muttered to myself as I sat down on the bed in my new bedroom in grandpa's house. Sure, it was nice here, but it wasn't home. It would never be. Not to me. Home was Sandy Mush. I planned to live there and die there if I got my way.
Now I was stuck in Charleston. Away from Mom, Mamaw, Papaw and everything I had ever known. Now all i had to was continue my online schooling until Mom came back to get me and take me home.

When I imagined life last year, or years before that, I was happily thinking I would be happy, with my perfect little family intact. But now I know that was not the case. My life had crumbled because of a huge, huge mistake.

And It was all my Father's fault. I gently wiped the tear that escaped my eye as I stood up and dusted off my jeans. I pursed my lips and looked over my appearance in the large mirror, that was propped up against the wall beside the window. Last night, when I arrived Grandpa told me to explore the town, so that was what I was going to be doing. I was in my normal clothing, black skinny jeans, a simple back singlet tucked into my pants, and a Gucci belt Mom had given me the year prior, tied the outfit together, and with my simple black converse, it made my entire outfit match. For my hair and makeup, I simply brush and pinned back my long blond locks and powdered my face and lip balm and that was all that I was going to do. I smiled in satisfaction at my appearance and grabbed my purse, which contained my phone, pepper spray, and wallet. I was enterally grateful that Mom had given me a credit card to use while I was here. She thought that seventeen was a responsible age to be able to have my very own money.

"Grandpa?" I called out as I stood at the landing of the stairs, I furrowed my brows as I looked over the living room, hoping he'd magically appear. I pursed my lips as I clomped into the kitchen, seeing a lone note on the countertop. I casually picked it up and started to read.

"Brett, the hospital called me in early this morning. I was hoping that you and I could meet for lunch at Bob's diner, Uncle has been dying to see you again since I told him you were staying with me for a while, and before I forget, Grandma's car is in the driveway and food is in the microwave.

I love you

Grandpa." I read aloud as a smile appeared on my lips. I grabbed my food and started to eat quickly and washed the dirty dishes in the sink before I drained a glass of orange juice before I left. Before I forgot, I grabbed my bag, and locked the front door as I left with a huge grin.

A large smile beamed across my lips as Grandma's cherry red mustang sat in the driveway, the early morning sun glinting off the fresh paint. Ah, I remember in the summers before Grandma passed away when I used to visit every summer, and every evening, we used to take this baby out and drive anywhere and everywhere around Charleston, meanwhile belting out Patsy Cline's greatest hits. I missed those days. I took steady steps towards the car and climbed inside. I placed my bag in the passenger seat as I inhaled the comforting, yet familiar scent of old leather and Grandma's floral perfume, which for some odd reason she kept in the car. I put the keys that I grabbed off the dash and put them into the ignition and started the ole' girl up.