☆Chapter Thirteen☆

°•° The Truth Is Finally Told °•°

If you would have came up and told me I'd be sneaking into Owen Blackbourne's bed at two o'clock in the morning because of a dare--I would have called you a delusional dumbass.

But yes, here I was quietly walking up the stairs to Mr. Blackbourne's room. When I finally reached the his door, I winced as my lower stomach started cramping.
I shook it off and held my breath, casting a glare over at a laughing Nathan and he walked to his room.

"Please don't let him be mad at me! It was all Nathan's doing..." I prayed and twisted the doorknob--before I slowly crept in.
The only light in the shining in the room was moonlight--from the curtain Mr. Blackbourne left open.

I watched him sleep in complete admiration. He was beautiful--like an angel. His long dark lashes fluttered up and down as he slept soundly.

Too bad I had to wake him up.

"M-Mr. B-Blackbourne?" I asked hesitantly, kneeling beside his bed. When he didn't wake to the sound of my voice I gently nudged him. His eyes flew open and he shot up out of bed gasping.
I pursed my lips to keep from giggling before I schooled my expression.

"Miss. Brett?" Mr. Blackbourne called out sternly, "What are you doing here at---2 AM?" He sounded incredulous as he glanced at the alarm clock beside his bed.

Wow, Mr. Blackbourne was hot without his glasses. Don't get me wrong--he was a sexy man with his glasses on--but it was also shocking to see him without them.

"Brett?" He warned and I cleared my throat, looking down before I started speaking.

"I-i had a nightmare..." I sniffed, "I didn't want to sleep alone," I admitted to him. His expression softened and he opened his arms to me. I giggled and flew into his comforting arms, resting my cheek on his chiseled abdomen. Holy freaking fuck--Mr. B got abs!

"It's okay my darling," He comforted quietly, "but I know that's not the only reason."

"Fine. For the dare Nathan told me I had to sneak into one of your beds. But I did have a nightmare." I winced as flashbacks of blood, shattering glass, and my terrified screams echoing throughout my mind.

Mr. Blackbourne pulled me onto his lap, holding me tightly as I shivered, wrapping my bare legs around his waist.

"What was it about, if I may ask?" He asked softly, running his long fingers through my hair. I breathed in deeply and closed my eyes, "Screams--my screams. Blood, and the constant sound of shattering glass." I shivered in his arms as the memories washed over me.

--------- ONE YEAR AGO

"I can't believe it! I finally got my first car! And it's even my birthday!" I squealed excitedly as I walked around my car. Mom and Gramps laughed before Mom hugged me, "Go on and test it out baby! Dad and I are going to go have dinner--and you can tell your Dad the good news!" She smiled, kissing my head before leaving with Gramps.