chapter 06

VIVIAN SAT ON TOP OF THE DEPARTMENT STORE, BINOCULARS TO HER EYES

"What dumbasses." Glenn sighed, as they watched the two fall of their horse and rush into the tank.

"Dumbasses that are also gonna get us killed." Viv stated, handing him the binoculars, "Those gunshots are gonna draw walkers from all over the city."

"We can't just leave them in there." Glenn replied,

Vivian rolled her eyes, "Tell you what, you come up with a plan to get them out, I'll help you."

Glenn nodded, staring down at the street, "They're going toward the horse. We might be able to get them out."

"I want a solid plan before I risk my life for those dumb shits." Vivian replied,

"While they're distracted, they can run from the top. They make sure none of the geeks follow, they can get to the alley. We can meet them there." Glenn explained,

Vivian nodded, sliding her crowbar into her belt loop, "Alrighty, Glenn. Let's do this."

The Korean reached for the walkie-talkie and changed the frequencies, "Hey, you. Dumbass. Hey, you two in the tank. Cozy in there?" When there was no response, he tried again, "Hey, are you alive in there?"

"Hello? Hello?" A thick southern accent asked from the other side,

"There you are. You had us wondering." Glenn stated,

"Where are you? Outside? Can you see us right now?" The man asked,

Glenn nodded, "Yeah, we can see you. You're surrounded by walkers. That's the bad news."

"There's good news?" The southern man questioned,

Glenn and Vivian shared a look, "No."

A female voice filled the speakers, "Listen, whoever you are, I don't mind telling you we're a little concerned in here."

"Oh man. You should see it from over here. You'd be having a major freak-out." Glenn stated,

The man returned, "Got any advice?"

"Yeah, I'd say make a run for it." Glenn answered,

"That's it? 'Make a run for it'?"

"My way's not as dumb as it sounds. You've got eyes on the outside here. There's one geek still up on the tank but the others have climbed down and joined the feeding frenzy where the horse went down." Glenn explained, "With me so far?"

"So far."

"Okay, the street on the other side of the tank is less crowded. If you move now while they're distracted, you stand a chance. Got ammo?"