chapter 31

AFTER THE SERVICE, MARCIE HELPED T-DOG AND ANDREA LOAD THE WALKERS INTO OTIS' TRUCK,

"We got lucky." Andrea stated as Rick walked over, "If that barn had any more, we could've been overrun."

"Good thing Shane did what he did... when he did." T-Dog grunted as he and Marcie dropped one of the walkers into the truck bed,

"You can't tell me this was right." Dale commented,

"It wasn't. It'll cost us with Hershel." Rick added,

"He's grieving." Andrea replied, "He'll come around, see we had no choice." She placed her hands-on her hips, "Look, I shot too. This wasn't all Shane." 

"Look, I got no qualms about it. Walkers in my backyard?" T-Dog shook his head, "Mhmm."

Marcie sighed, "Look, and I'm not saying that we shouldn't have taken care of the problem, but doing it the way it was done? Creating a panic?"

"There's no point arguing about it. It's done." Lori stated, shutting the conversation down, "There's nothing we can do about it."

She was right. It's over with. Sophia is dead, and there was nothing they could do about it. And if Hershel wanted them gone, there was nothing they could do about that either.

"Better get moving." T-Dog commented, getting into the drivers seat.

Marcie sighed and got into the passenger seat while Andrea sat in the back by the deceased walkers. T-Dog started the truck and they began driving towards an empty field.

Vivian sat on the porch steps, colouring with Liam on the floorboards. Everything was quiet until she heard a loud crash coming from inside the house. Vivian quickly grabbed Liam and rushed inside,

"What happened?" Vivian asked, placing Liam on the couch before rushing over to the kitchen where Maggie and Glenn were hovering over Beth,

"I-I-I don't know! She just collapsed!" Maggie panicked,

Vivian stared into Beth's glazed over eyes as she stared up at the ceiling, "Okay, let's get her to her room. We need to get Hershel and Patricia."

Glenn gently lifted Beth into his arms while Maggie and Vivian made sure she didn't hit her head on the way up the stairs.

He placed her in her bed before going to look for Hershel while Maggie brushed the blonde's hair back, "Sweetie, can you hear me?"

Maggie looked over at Vivian, "What's wrong with her?"