chapter 67

THE RUN WAS SUCCESSFUL

Rick, Michonne, and Carl had come back with enough guns and ammo to get them through the war with the Governor.

They even got a crib for Judith, and a new crossbow for Daryl. Some toys and colouring books for Liam. Carl even gave Vivian a little gold necklace with a sun pendant on it.

And now, Rick, Hershel, and Daryl were on their way to meet the Governor. To come to a truce, as Andrea put it.

But Vivian knew it wasn't going to happen.

Marcie couldn't believe that Andrea was able to convince the Governor to meet with Rick. It also took a lot of convincing for her father to allow her to go.

Even though she had seen her group only days ago, she needed to see them again.

Martinez came to a stop in front of the green Hyundai and Daryl's bike. Before he could put the car in park, Marcie jumped out of the SUV and ran towards the archer in the leather vest,

Daryl didn't lower his crossbow, "What the hell? Why's your boy already in there?" He asked Andrea,

"He's here?"

"Yup." Andrea gave Martinez a look before heading towards a sliding door that led into a barn.

Daryl glanced over at Marcie, "You okay?"

She nodded before greeting Hershel, "It's good to see you, old man."

Hershel looked around at all of them as they stood awkwardly in silence, "Maybe I should go inside."

"The Governor thought it best if he and Rick spoke privately." Milton stated, pausing from writing in his little notebook,

"Who the hell are you?" Daryl asked the man,

"Milton Mamet."

"Great. " Daryl scoffed, "He brought his butler."

Marcie stifled her laugh, leaning up against Hershel's car. Even Martinez let out a small laugh,

"I'm his advisor." Milton corrected him,

"What kind of advice?" The archer questioned,

"Planning. Biters." He paused, "Uh, you know, I'm sorry. I don't feel like I need to explain myself to the henchmen."

"You better watch your mouth, sunshine." Daryl spat at him,

"Look, if you and I are gonna be out here pointing guns at each other all day, do me a favor, shut your mouth." Martinez snapped at him,

Daryl began to approach him and Marcie reached for his arm, "Daryl, don't."

"We don't need this." Hershel spoke up, "If all goes south in there, we'll be at each other's throats soon enough."