How it came to be

"This is your story."

There was nothing.

Not a star in the sky.
No rustling of the wind
Not the thrashing waves of the sea
Nor the light of day and a slivery beacon of night.

There was nothing.

The darkness stretched like an inky sea, swallowing everything in a deep and heavy silence. It was cold and it was lonely and it suffocating...

Yet a miracle bloomed in that darkness. One inhale and one exhale, the rising of a chest disturbed this one still oblivion. A steady drumming of a heat rippled into the darkness, the universe has a heartbeat now. Finally, a pair of eyes opened and from their hair stars fell out sprinkling unto the black darkness like dust.

This is how you came to be.

You were the heartbeat of the universe, it was you who breathed life into the darkness. With each step, you took the universe combusted into life.  You were the centre and you represented balance, the heart of it all.

A strong wind rose triumphantly pushing your body into a dance, it smelled like the sea. This was the wind of East and established your domain over water. Another wind from the opposite direction rose as the smell of burning filled your nostrils. This wind of the West and the domain of fire. Another gentler wind breezed through, it smelled of greenery, Earth and flowers. The wind of the South and the domain of the Earth. Another wind rose like a Tornado rippling through, it was ice cold as you shivered. It smelt of nothing. The wind of the North and the domain of ice.

You continued to search the darkness you didn't know for what or most specifically for whom. You needed to find something to complete you and you felt that in the blooming darkness amongst the blinking lights there was something worth searching for.

And there they were.

A woman, with trailing straight, black hair that sat around her like a black void, feeding the eternal darkness, her skin and was a pure and porcelain white, unblemished and clear. Her eyes were closed as if in deep slumber or deep prayer. Her lips were a distinctive rouge that looked blood on snow, on painted doll lips.

In comparison your skin was a warm brown that shone like gold, on your head was a soft, beautiful glorious burst of coils that framed your face like a masterpiece, your eyes were opened wide, full a childish bewilderment and awe, they easily reflected back the glowing orbs that surrounded you.

That was the first time you met made the primordial mother of darkness. Nyx.

You moved towards her in that darkness, and embraced her in your warmth, in your light and in your love. 

That was how the universe had become balanced for the first time.

                                ★彡★彡★彡

"It's time to answer your prayers highness"

Opening your eyes, you adjusted to the soft evening light, the sun glaring afternoon light had mellowed out into a gentle orange glow that cast unto your servant's skin. Your mind was still in a strange haze, as you tried to figure out why you felt so strange, this body was yours but it felt like you had no control of your actions. Even in the strange haze you you couldn't deny the man in front of you was absolutely breathtaking. It took everything in your power not to gasp out loud, your heart could not possibly process such sheer beauty at once as you felt yourself get lost in his features, you were mesmerised.