Rule of 3

You were everywhere but nowhere at once. Jin continued to inhale light, sound and everything else.  Then there was Zeus.

Peace.
The mind.
The Heart.

What would triumph?

You were all at the edge of something, teetering dangerously.

Then.

One by one by one, notes fell like rain. A tinkering melody that slowly stumbled to life. Flowers bloomed in the darkness....

                                    ★彡★彡★彡

War had savaged and torn away at the landscape; there was not one place that blood wasn't smeared on. The air was heavy with decay, and not a sound could be heard. It was barren. It was empty and silent. Some made peace with their dwindling life, falling through their fingers like sand.

The Past
The Present
And
The Future...

Slowly, they made their way among the dead. Each of their steps rewrote. Rewrote what?

Everything.

Life as it were, as it was and as it would be. They converged at a single point, on a hill, looking down at their mess. Everything that happened has happened as it should have. Those that needed to live would live even if they had died. To balance the universe was no easy feat. Even for those who transcended time and space. What was more immortal than immortals? Time. The passing of it, the travelling to and from. It was all around us. Never linear, never straightforward.  The Fate's job was to organise it, to understand it and to be it.

Three figures knelt on that hill.
                                     ★彡★彡★彡

The notes fell like hail, dancing around the three—the Universe's song.

Only the Heart knew this song. You were the only one worthy enough to know the lyrics, a sweet taste bloomed on your tongue, and the first letter formed in your heart. You inhaled.

Anticipation.

A void filled full of anticipation. Anticipation that Jim couldn't swallow. It was up to Jin now: would he destroy himself, imploding in his nothing, or would he become Peace?

The first lyric fell like a wave from your lips; it sounded like liquid gold, love, and beauty. It was perfection. Word after perfect word followed. It was more than an honour to listen to the Universe's song. Your throat had been anointed by golden honey. 

"Jin, Nour, whoever...I love you. I  have always loved you and always will. You made me strong enough to choose war. Now, I want you to choose peace."

Peace-what was peace? He had fought back when you told him not to raise his sword. Why didn't he listen to you?  All he knew was to fight, to protect you. You didn't need to be protected. You had raised your Scythe.

"Drop your sword, Jin."

Jin had never felt his before. The turmoil in him stopped. His mind was clear for once. He was peace. He was your peace. If you were war, he was peace, and if he were war, you would be peace. You were feminine, and he was masculine. Your souls were tied to each other for a reason. He was your balance. Was this it? It was always you and him. You understood him like no one ever had, and he understood you like no one had ever.

Peace.

Zeus didn't understand, and he didn't care to. His mind had continued to connive, to corrupt. It didn't matter. None of it matters. He was The mind. Nothing else mattered if not The mind. He raised his lightning bolt and struck The Heart. He had struck you right where it mattered.

The song stopped.

It all stopped....