In the beginning

The sound of printer whirring and the distinct smell of coffee mingled in the air. You barely paid attention to the urgent beep that the printer was making as it alerted you that ink was running out.

After all that happened last night, Jin insisted that you stayed at his home, in order to protect you. It seemed once again he didn't want the other Olympians to find out you existed. You couldn't have cared less if they found you and tore you apart, perhaps in your next life you would find peace. That morning Jin had dropped you at work and you had been avoiding him since, trying to find any reason to not be in the office.

It was suffocating anyway.

In the faint reflection of the window, you saw your coils reach freely in all direction, you had packed bobby pins and a hairband so when you came in in the morning maybe you could tie your hair back into a bun, but you preferred your hair like this. It made you feel powerful.  After a long exhale you picked up the print outs, grabbing a stapler from a desk.

For once you even stopped to speak to some of your co-workers who were righteously surprised, you needed to drown out the noise in your head and what better way than pointless small talk. You fought back another headache that seemed so frequent these days.

"So what about you? Have any kids?" The women asked as you nursed a cup of tea, she was a lovely woman, she had short brown hair and friendly disposition, her eyes were a little too big for her face, but it only made her cuter.

"Oh no-o," you stuttered just catching the end of the question.

"Ahh but someone like you must have a special someone at least." She pushed cheerfully.

You had to remind yourself that's she didn't mean any harm or know your current situation.

"You could say that." You told her smiling ruefully. You allowed her to prattle on for a few more minutes before tactfully and politely removing  yourself from the conversation. Your body ached as if you had been in a street fight. Your eyelids were so heavy.

It was a nightmare after nightmare last night meaning your sleep was troubled and thin. Every time you tried to drift to sleep those striking blue eyes would force itself through the darkness. 

Somehow you had ended up in the kitchen making yourself yet another cup of coffee. You allowed a sigh of relief to escape past your lips. It was always so quiet in the kitchen. You wanted to drown out the noise in your head, but you were simultaneously nursing a growing headache.

You couldn't strike a balance. There wasn't a balance, just you juggling the scales as best as you could. Think...think. Alone, you stirred a fresh cup of coffee.

"Even now you can't help but get yourself coffee...."

The voice startled you, as coffee splashed off the countertop, you hissed as the drop landed on your finger.

Turning you were face to face with Yoongi. He had a hint of amusement on his face but otherwise, he was expressionless, unreadable. He gently pried the cup from your hands gently placing it behind you, on the rapidly staining counter, causing his chest to press against yours. Stepping back a teacup materialised in a swirl of water contained his hands, he handed it to you.  You thought about Namjoon who constantly had a cup of tea despite the fact you had never bumped into him in the kitchen...

That's why it had been awkward when you had met Yoongi in the kitchen for the first time, he had been doing his little magic trick, only you had walked in.

"You're avoiding us." He started.

"No, I am not." You told him flatly

"Okay, then let me walk you back to your office." He offered, waiting for a reaction.