Peace of mind, war of the heart.

The seven sons of Dionysus. The the cursed sons of sons of Dionysus. Each cursed for each of the seven sins. But their biggest sin? Standing by your side.

Jimin came face to face with Hemera, his own mother. She was in mourning, she had come to terms with the fact that one of them had to die. Hemera had always known deep down that her affair with Dionysus would one day come back to bite her. Yet in order to carry on her peaceful existence, she had forced herself to forget...she had distanced herself from her children. Of course, they had taken the hint never bothering her. She had  become estranged, a distant figure they had to acknowledge for their existence and now she was in front of a god, her son and he was stronger.

Jimin knew that look. Disappointment and contempt it was hard to see darkness when the sun shone over a bright day but it was possible.  That's what shadows were, Hemera's disapproval of her sons.

"Why are you doing this?"

Jimin smiled tiredly. He was so tired, he felt like he had fought for his entire existence for the right to exist and to be a god worthy of Olympia. Raising his arms, he prayed the end was in sight.  His mother wasn't Hemera it was Ariadne, she had been the one who had taken them in when they had been cast aside and shunted. It was hard to reconcile, but he didn't feel pain nor guilt knowing that he was about to kill his mother. After all this was the right thing to do, this was what he was made for.

Jin had been the god of Eros but there was another god that has been destined to take that title. He was the universal symbol, the Romans had called him Cupid. Taehyung only knew him as his half brother, a god that had a chip on his shoulder because two powerful gods had been born of Aphrodite. It was hard to feel sorry for Cupid because Taehyung was on the outside looking in and Cupid had it all. Cupid had not been cursed, Jin and Taehyung and been instead. They had to suffer by themselves whilst he was welcomed with open arms. Their mother Aphrodite had not shunned them like she had been encouraged to do, but she was always a bit vague, a far off figure that couldn't shower them with the love they deserved. It was clear they gave Cupid that extra attention and love. Taehyung saw the bright red beam through the chaos and realise,  like Jimin, he felt no guilt destroying his half brother. Taehyung watched in the eye of a hurricane as Cupid was ripped apart in this freak storm.  He couldn't even bring himself to mourn his loss.

The war had not meant that the seven gods had not faced casualties. They were fighting Olympians and their children; it would be naive to think that it would be an easy feat. They were outnumbered and surrounded and the young gods had only cultivated their powers for so long. For some there were consequences to using their powers. Jungkook was cheating death at this point. His powers had never been used to such excesses, it was poisoning him with every god he killed. He knew that was the consequence of using his powers, it devoured his life essence. He never had to worry about it  before, but now he felt like he was being consumed by his own self, like when a star collapsed and imploded on itself.

On the other hand Namjoon was not a fighter. He was a walking contradiction. He was the god of mortality and humanity King of justice and wisdom. His powers were not fit for the battle field. He could raise a sword, he was skilled with one, but his foe had been Athena had it not been for Jin he would have perished. He was still coughing up blood as he staggered into the haze, he looked up at that red beam and muttered a prayer.

He remembered he had a secret weapon.  He was mortality. Nothing was immortal when it came to contact with him.

Dionysus and Hoseok were fending off Zeus who was desperate to face you head on. Dionysus had known the day would come when he would had to face his father like this. Hera had thought he would take his throne. She had misunderstood the prophecy...he was the king of the god's down fall but not in the way they had anticipated.