Part 24

Y/n's POV

I slowed a little down as I reached the top of small hill. On the harbor I saw people, or to be more specific, guards. 

My eyes moved over to the end of the dock where I saw two people standing, Emerald and the leader of the Mexican Mafia, Antonio Luis.

It was them. They had taken my little sister. How had we not suspected them?

Not knowing how much time was left, I hurried down the hill.

As the guards saw me coming closer to the dock, they moved away, making space for me to walk over to Antonio and Emerald.

Soon I was standing on the dock, only a few meters away from them.

"Well, well, well, look who we have here", Antonio smiled as he reached his hand down to his pocket and pulled out his gun. 

He grabbed Emerald by her neck and puller her closer to him, putting the gun against her temple, before looking back at me.

I clenched my jaw, and my hands curled into fists. "Let her go"

He chuckled and shook his head. "You killed my son. An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth"

"Exactly. I killed your son. Let her go and take me instead"

"That is not how it works", he smiled. The sinister look he had on his face made me uneasy, and my eyes flicked over to my little sister.

Her lip was trembling as she was looking at me. Her eyes were red and puffy, and a few bruises were visible on her face. 

What had they done to her?

"I think its fair if I kill her".

He rubbed his thumb up the side of her neck, before turning her face towards him. "Don't you think that's fair? Your sister hurt me when she killed my son. Now I can hurt her when I kill you"

"Don't you dar-"

A loud explosion was heard, followed by gunshots, startling all of us.

A few more gunshots were heard before Antonio ordered all his guards to check what was going on.

In a few seconds, all of them had run off, leaving only me, Antonio and Emerald on the dock.

"Where were we?"

Turning my attention back towards them, I noticed that he had tightened his grip around Emeralds neck, and his gun was pressed harder into her temple.

I took a step forward. "Just let her go"

"Three"

Oh my god. 

This fucking psycho was going to kill my little sister.

"Two"

I needed a miracle right now.

"On-"

His voice suddenly cut off and he looked at something behind me. 

Not daring to turn my attention away from them, I didn't turn to see what was behind me, and instead looked at Emerald.

She mouthed something that looked like "Mattia", and I finally understood what was going on. 

Behind me, I heard his voice. 

"Run!"

I ran forwards, and grabbed Emerald, pushing her back, just as two gunshots were heard.