Part 31

Y/n's POV

I stared out the window of the car, clenching my fists, and holding in my anger. 

No one told us that we were going to have to be a couple on this mission.

A MARRIED COUPLE!

Just thinking about it made me want to bang my head against the window.

Being a couple the first mission was a pain in the ass.

I still hadn't forgotten that he had destroyed my trophy. 

And now, when we were on these terms. How the hell were we going to even pretend to be a couple? 

The only positive thing with this whole mission was that this game would only be going on for a few hours today, and a few tomorrow. 

But to be honest, I have no idea how I was even going to survive those hours...

Beside me, on the driver seat, I'm pretty sure he had the exact same thoughts, because he started talking.

"How are we supposed to do this?"

I kept silent. I had no answer.

He sighed and increased the speed. "This is a three hour ride. Talking to me is the least you can do Hart"

Turning my attention away from the window I looked at him. 

"Really? Cause in my room you told me you didn't want to talk to me. No, wait, fuck that. Three months ago you told me that you didn't want to talk to me. Should I recall the exact words that left your mouth?"

He continued staring at the road in front of us. 

If he wasn't planning on telling me that he remembered, I would tell him every single word in the sentence right now.

"I fucking hate this. Hate you. I hate every goddamn thing at this point! Just don't talk to me. Stop fucking talking to me Hart", I muttered and looked away from him.

The sentence was engraved in my brain. 

No, everything was engraved into my brain. His face when he said it, his voice, his eyes, and of course the words.

"I didn't mean it to come out so harsh Hart".

His voice was gentle, too gentle to what I was used to.

"Then how was it meant to come out Polibio?"

Silence.

Of course silence. He didn't have an answer.

"I was mad. I didn't mean it like th-"

"Mad. Really? So you have been mad the last three months?", I interrupted him. My attention was now back at him.

"Aren't enemies supposed to not talk to each other? Aren't they just supposed to hate?"

I don't fucking hate you, you moron!

"Did I hurt you with what I said that day?"

The question caught me off guard, and I furrowed my eyebrows.

Tell him the truth.

"No", I lied. "You didn't hurt me with what you said"

He hummed beside me and I rolled my eyes.

"You didn't asshole. Now stop talking to me. Like you said, enemies aren't supposed to talk to each other"

He mumbled something beside me, but I ignored him.