Part 25

Mattia's POV

"You're shot", I mumbled, lowering my voice so Emerald couldn't hear what I had said. "If you close your eyes, I won't know if you are resting or dead"

I knew Antonio had fired a shot right after I had, but I didn't think that his bullet had hit anything. At least not Y/n.

Her eyes, that had been closed a second ago, were suddenly wide open. "I thought you wanted me dead"

Hearing the sentence out of her mouth made me tighten my grip on the steering wheel. 

"If I want you dead, I want to kill you myself. No one is allowed to do that except me. "

"Really heartwarming Polibio", she mumbled and rubbed her hand over Emerald's back. "You must be really popular with your heartwarming confessions"

Her comment made me slightly laugh, and I looked over at her to see her smiling. But the smile quickly vanished when Emerald started gasping for air against her.

"Dino breath", she calmly said and moved Emerald's face away from her chest, forcing her to look at her.

"Breath in and out"

"In and out"

Both sisters sat there, breathing together. Emerald copying Y/n's breathing.

"There you go. Thats a good girl"

Reaching her left hand up, which I had told her to keep still, she rubbed Emerald's cheek, and asked the question we both were thinking. 

"What did they do to you Em?"

Emerald just looked at her sister, not answering the question. Y/n fell silent too, not pressuring her sister into replying.

~*~

A few minutes later, the silence was broken when Y/n whimpered.

My eyes moved from the road and over to her arm.

Her whole arm was covered in blood. The blood had made its way from her shoulder, where she was shot, and all the way down to her hand. 

She was bleeding too much.

"Hart, I need you to put pressure on that", I ordered, and looked around the car for any kind of cloth she cold use. 

"Pressure on what?", Emerald asked, and looked worried from her sister and over to me.

I never managed to answer.

Beside us a car pulled up. Or to be more specific, Valentino Hart's car pulled up, and behind his car, three other cars followed. 

Finally. 

I had called Valentino when Y/n had set off towards the harbor. I explained the situation, and after being scolded by both him and my father, he told me that he would track my car and make his way to where we were. 

I drove over to the side and stopped the car, as Valentino and his men followed behind me. 

"What is happening", Y/n mumbled from beside me. 

Telling her that it was nothing, I made my way over to the passenger side, opened the door, and lifted Emerald out.

Just as I did that, the door's of Valentino's car opened and Valentino, my father, Kairi and Ale stepped out.

"Daddy!", Emerald happily yelled, before she leaped out of my arms and ran over to her father.

She jumped up on him and he caught her, pulling her into a hug.