Part 28

Y/n's POV

I heard a door shut, and my eyes flew open. But as quick as they had opened they closed because of the bright light.

Slowly opening my eyes again I let my gaze roam around the white room, and I understood that I was in the hospital.

But why?

Racking my brain I tried to remember why I was here. My last memory contained three things. The first one was me and Mattia saving Emerald. The second one was Mattia lifting Em off of my lap, before coming back to the car without her. And the last one was him telling me that we were soon at the hospital and I just had to keep my eyes open a little longer.

While I tried to remember the cause of me being in the hospital I noticed the oxygen mask over my mouth, and the IV tubes that were in my arms.

What was going on?

As I was about to try to sit up, the door to the room was opened, and a doctor and nurse walked in. The doctor smiled before turning his attention to the nurse.

"Looks like he had right. She is awake!"

~*~

"Ma", I groaned as my mother continued peppering kisses on my face. "Thank god you are awake", she smiled as she finally pulled away.

I gave her a small smile back, before I looked at everyone in the room, trying to find one specific person. 

Should I ask them where he is?

Just do it!

"Where is Mattia?"

All eight pair of eyes looked at me, and sly smiles appeared on all their faces. 

"What did you say?", Kairi smirked as he looked at me. I rolled my eyes and repeated my question. "Where is Mattia"

"He actually left the room right before you woke up. He was the one to tell us that you were awake"

My mind wandered back to when I woke up and heard a door shut.

Was that him? 

It had to be him.

But, why did he leave?

Pushing my thoughts back, my eyes wandered over to Emerald, and I reached out towards her. 

Words cannot explain how much I had missed her.

"Y", she smiled and made her way over to me. Gian lifted her up onto the bed, and she snuggled up beside me. 

"I missed you so much baby", I whispered into her hair, before kissing her temple.

"I missed you too"

Rubbing her back, I looked up at the rest of our family and was about to ask them how long I had been out for, when the door opened.

My eyes flew to the door, hoping to see him. 

Wait what? No, I hate him.

Instead, the doctor who came when I woke up, walked in. In his hands I noticed a few papers.

He exchanged a smile with everyone before speaking up. 

"You were very lucky", he started and looked over at me, before looking down at the paper in his hands.

"You had lost a lot of blood when you came to the hospital. The bullet was only an inch away from your arteries and nerves. You were also lucky that you didn't get shot through the brachial plexus. If you had, you would have lost arm function"

He looked up from the paper and back at me.

"I can say for sure, that if that young man hadn't gotten you here in time. You wouldn't have been alive right now"

~*~

13 hours later

"Be careful with your arm!"

"Why are you talking so loud Ruby?"

"I am not talking loud! Y/n remember what the doctor said!"

"What are you doing!? Don't lift your phone with that hand!"

"Where are you going?"

"Amber! Don't touch your sister on the shoulder!"

"Kairi, stay away from her! You have a bit too much energy right now!"

"Alejandro Rosario, stay away from my sister!"

"Amber calm down, I'm not going to punch her"

"Both of you shut up"

"Language!"

"I just said shut u-"

Fed up with everyones yelling I walked out of the living room and headed towards the kitchen. Behind me I heard my mother yell at me to not lift anything with my left arm.

After the doctor had told us that I most likely would have died if Mattia hadn't gotten me to the hospital in time, my father asked when I could go home.

The doctor told us that I could leave in the morning, only if I followed a few strict rules. 

1. I was not allowed to put any kind of pressure on my arm.

2. I was not allowed to lift anything.

3. I was not allowed to do anything that caused my shoulder to be in movement.

When we got home from the hospital, I got filled in about what had happened to Emerald. 

The Mexican Mafia had tried to lure information out of her, by both talking, and beating... When they found out that she didn't have any, they had used her as a bait to either get me or Mattia. 

I walked into the kitchen and straight over to the sink. I had not drunk water in several hours, and right now water was the only thing I wanted.

Pushing the Mexican Mafia out of my thoughts, I opened the door to the cupboard over the sink to find not even one glass in it. 

What the heck.

I looked further up, where the glasses usually weren't, just to see them there.

Oh god...

Who the hell put them there?

Just as I reached out to grab a glass, with my RIGHT arm, pain shot through my left arm, and my right arm fell back down. 

How was it possible that my left arm was in pain when I used my right arm?

I was about to reach out for the glass once more, when suddenly I felt someones presence behind me. 

In a second the person behind me was standing so close that my body was trapped between the persons body and the counter.

Before I could even react or move, the person behind me reached out and grabbed a glass. 

Just by looking at the persons hand I understood who it was.

The glass was placed in front of me, and I turned around just to stand face to face with the one and only...

Mattia Polibio.

A.N

Part 28 ✅

Ladies and gentleman, Mattia Polibio is back :)

So sorry that I couldn't update before now.

-R