27

SUNGHOON'S POV:

When I saw them kiss, it's like my heart exploded. But not in the beautiful way the fireworks in the sky did.

I didn't mention a word about it to Heeseung and Ni-ki, feeling like it's a private thing that should stay between the two. Jake asked permission earlier to have some time alone with Sunoo. And as much as I hated to leave them alone, I knew that Sunoo would need closure.

I just didn't expect for the closure to become so close. Literally. When we got off the ride, I smiled at Sunoo, but I don't think he believed it. Nor do I think he didn't not see the tears in my eyes. I excused myself from everyone, wanting to just release this pain.

But I knew I couldn't, not with all these people around. I settled for hiding behind a tent, my chest tightening with every breath I took. I tried to control my emotions, but it was getting so painful. I know I told Jake I wouldn't hold it against him for having feelings for Sunoo nor would I hate Sunoo if he felt the same way, but it is so hard to try and keep it together.

My breaths kept getting shorter and more frantic as I tried to keep my power in. I closed my eyes as the tears fell down, my body growing exhausted from keeping it in. When I'd opened my eyes, my heart was slowing, I could no longer hear the blood rushing in my ears, I felt peaceful. But, I saw Jake.

He fell to the ground and I caught him just in time for him to not hit his head. No, no. What did you do? I tried to shake him awake but he wasn't moving. I raised his chest to my ear, feeling a sudden rush of relief. His heart was still beating. He exhausted himself, absorbing all my energy. Oh, Jake. Why?

"You would've burned the theme park down if I didn't stop you, you know?" Jake faintly says. I could barely hear him from how weak he was right now. He raises his arm and I see him pointing to the spot where I was standing. The grass had turned to ash, the outline still a faint orange. I didn't even notice it.

"Thank you for helping me, Jake," I slowly helped him stand back up, his self-healing properties seemed to be working hard to get him up and functional again, "You're the only one who can keep me under control like that. We are true opposites."

We both chuckle. He looks better than he did 5 minutes ago. Thank God. I couldn't go back to the others, carrying an unconscious Jake in my arms. We both made our way back to where the others were, Heeseung asking me if I was okay. I didn't even notice how long I spent having a breakdown, but apparently it's been almost an hour.

We all went to ride the carousel, and took a couple photos around the park. I'm really gonna miss this. Even though it's only Jake that's gonna leave, it's not gonna feel the same. At around 7:56, the time finally for goodbyes. This is gonna suck so bad.

The happy, energetic vibe from earlier had disappeared, now the air was heavy and sad. Even if Jake tried to take all of our energy, it still wouldn't be enough.

Jake sighed as he looked at his phone, "Well, I already booked my cab. Guess this is it, huh?" At that moment, Riki suddenly started to cry and he ran to Jake.

"Please don't leave Jake hyung, who else will I lose football to? And who will buy me snacks and chase me around when I play pranks? You can't leave us," Riki begs to Jake. I wish I could say the same and change his mind.

We all just stood there for a minute, shocked at the youngest's reaction. Jake hugs him back and I can see him try to take away Riki's pain. I put my hand on his shoulder and shook my head, it's not gonna help, Jake. I can see the tears forming in Jake's eyes too, knowing that he's never gonna see us again.

He talks to Riki for a while, saying words of comfort. Riki calms down a bit but I know it's only because of Jake. He really can't help himself. Next was Heeseung, who was crying but I can tell he wanted to stay strong. I heard him promise to Jake that he would take care of Ni-ki.

I approached him next, wanting to keep it short. I hugged him one last time before I turned away. But he hugged me again, tighter this time.

"Please take care of Sunoo. I wish I didn't have to leave but you know it's for the best. There can't be two of us here, it will end in chaos. You know it yourself. Just please, promise me he'll be fine with you," Jake whispers to me.

I hugged him back, "I will, Jake. I'm still scared of hurting the others, but I'll try."

We both pulled away and I hadn't even noticed I was tearing up. Nope. Can't cry. Jake walked towards Sunoo who was looking away. I knew he was crying though, his shaking shoulders gave it away. I wanted to give them their private time but I couldn't help but listen in on their conversation.

"Do you really have to leave Jake?" Oh, it broke my heart to hear Sunoo that sad.

"I'm sorry Sun. But things are really complicated right now and I wish I could make it all disappear but I can't. This is goodbye," I'm really sorry, Sunoo. If I wasn't here, you'd be happy with Jake right now.

"You know, I used to love goodbyes. Because goodbyes meant I'd see you again. Tomorrow or next week. But I have no idea when I'll see you again, Jake. This is permanent. But promise me that when everything is okay again, you'll come back?" I see Sunoo holding out his pinky.

Jake looks defeated knowing that he can't come back. But he locks his pinky with Sunoo, seeing as it's the only form of consolation he can provide Sunoo. Sunoo cries harder as Jake hugs him again. And just in time, his cab honks from behind us and it's finally time to go.

I feel the tears coming again and this time, I just let them fall. Jake gave Sunoo one last kiss on the cheek as he entered his cab. Heeseung is hugging Riki who was still crying and I hugged Sunoo who cried into my shirt. We all waved goodbye as his cab drove away, feeling the silence settling in. He hasn't even been gone for a minute and yet it already feels different without him.

The car ride home was quiet. Riki fell asleep, tired from earlier. I offered to drive but Heeseung declined, saying he needed it to keep his mind busy. Sunoo was beside me, looking out the window. His nose was still red from crying and I could tell he was holding in some tears. I squeezed his hand and gave him a smile, letting him know that it's gonna be okay. He gives me a small smile and leans on my shoulder all the way home.

Stay like this forever, Sunoo.