8.

"I could spend a lifetime,
Sitting here talking,
But even if I cry all over your body,
You don't really mind,
Say you like your shirts soggy."

-

It had been a week since I had last heard from Harry.

I spent every day since then waiting for him to show up. The first night, I sat staring at my phone, just waiting for it to ring. It wasn't long until I realized that he didn't even have my number.

I was so distracted by the hope that he would show, and I would just zone out, thinking about his lips on mine. Even when I closed my eyes that night it was like I could feel his hands in my hair, his body pressed against mine.

By the weekend I had never felt stupider in my entire life. I didn't think I expected him to show up or even call, but I had really hoped he would. But he didn't.

The second I got back to our apartment after he dropped me off, I told Felicity everything that had happened. I was so nervous to tell her, because I knew she was probably going to judge me, but to my stories she didn't. She seemed happy for me, though she was still pissed off at Harry.

But I just felt like a fool.

I really wanted him to prove her wrong, but he it wasn't looking to hot. I had hoped after everything that had happened he would do the right thing, but again he proved me wrong.

The way he had kissed me and the things he said, he seemed so caring, but I was sitting on the end of my couch with a bottle of wine watching Keeping Up with the Kardashians on a Tuesday night.

I turned my attention from the Tv to Felicity as she made her way into the living room, and I knew she was coming from the sound of her heels clicking on the wood floors. She stopping right in front of me, doing a little spin so I could get a good look at her outfit.

"What do you think?" She asked, the bottom of her dress flaring up slightly with the new wind.

She was wearing a mid length red dress with a tall slit down the side. It had long sleeves and a deep v neck, and it fit her perfectly, but honestly she would have looked good in a trash bag.

"Hot as always."

She rolled her eyes, but I could see the smile she was trying to hide.

"You're going to give me a big head." She muttered, heading for the kitchen, grabbing her keys and purse off the bar.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay home with you?" She question, looking at me sprawled out on the couch.

I quickly shook my head.

"No. I want you to go and have fun! I'm excited for you." I was really trying to convince that her I would be fine, "You've been waiting on this night for a while. You deserve it."

A few nights prior, Mitch had called her to finally asking her out on a date. When I heard a ear piercing scream come from her room, I ran as fast as I could thinking she was getting murdered or something, but when I saw the smile on her face my fear subsided.

I didn't think I had ever seen her that excited about a man in my life. Since the night of the party, Mitch had been all she could talk about. I was just glad one of us was getting to live out our dream.

"I love you Cali." She sent me a soft smile as she peered through caring eyes.

"I love you more."

I didn't think she realized how much I needed that.