38.

"Somethin bad about to happen to me,
I don't know what but I feel it coming..."

-
I was so shocked, I didn't even know how to react.

The person pulled me into the pitch black storage room, so I wasn't able to see much of anything. The breath was knocked out of me as my back hit one of the cement walls, making me gasp in air as I slammed against the surface. Whoever pulled me inside still had their hand over my mouth, keeping me quiet.

Just as I was about to start screaming, the light clicked on. I closed my eyes tight, not expecting the light to be so bright. When I managed to pry them open again, a familiar pair of blue eyes were staring back at me. It was Niall.

I watched as he slowly brought one of his fingers up to his lips, signaling me to stay silent.

"If I move my hand, do you promise you won't scream?" He whispered, seeming distressed.

I nodded slowly, trying to process what the fuck was happening. He slowly moved his hand from my mouth, as I stood trembling, my body still flush against the wall. I could have sworn my heart was going to beat strait out of my chest.

"What the fuck!" I whisper yelled, trying to figure out why the hell he would have pulled me into the stock room like that.

"I can't explain right now. I need you to stay quiet and calm okay?" He wasn't answering my question, but I could tell whatever was happening was serious. The look on his face told me it wasn't a joke.

I nodded, trying to keep calm, "Oh-okay."

Niall's gaze turned to the door of the stock room as the sound of the bell on the front door rang through the shop. My heart sank at the look on his face.

"Okay- I need you to get behind one of these shelves. I need you to stay completely quiet. Not a word." He ordered, speaking quite sternly.

I looked at him for a moment, frozen to my spot on the floor.

"Now Cali! Go!" He demanded, pulling me out of my trance.

I jumped at his sudden urgency, quickly shuffling to one of the very back shelves, tucking myself behind it enough to where I was out of sight. I could still see Niall pacing around the stock room from where I was, but I just prayed would be able to find me.

I felt sick once I heard a few loud voices coming from the inside of the shop. They were ones I didn't recognize, and I couldn't make out anything they were saying. I knew by the way Niall was fidgeting, they couldn't have been any good.

"Who is that!" I whispered, catching his attention.

"I told you to stay quiet." He seemed to be me trying to keep his own emotions in check.

I stayed silent for a moment just listening, but I couldn't stop the bad thoughts from roaming around in my head.

"Are they here to hurt Zayn!" I asked, trying my best to stay as quiet as possible.

Niall glared down at me and I could tell he was pissed off.

"They might if you don't shut the fuck up." He snapped.

I peered up at him wide eyed, not expecting him to be so harsh with his answer. I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but it sure wasn't that. He was usually very chipper.

That time I listened, for the sake of Zayn, not wanting anything bad to happen to him. I didn't know if Niall was lying to me, but I didn't want to take any chances. I didn't want anyone else getting hurt because of me.