36.

"You don't ever have to,
Be stronger than you really are,
When you're lying' in my arms,
baby..."

-
The next morning I woke up to the sun beaming down through the balcony doors, the warmth dancing across my skin. It had gotten quite hot, and I had somehow managed to kick the covers off myself at some point in the night. I pried my eyes open with some difficulty, wishing Harry had invested in some thicker curtains as the bright light shined over my face.

I rolled over expecting Harry to be lying there next to me, but the bed was empty. I figured he must have just woken up before me, so I didn't think much of it.

My whole body felt sore as I got up from bed, and I winced slightly as I took a step, walking towards the bathroom. I managed to make it inside, needing to pee before brushing my teeth. I lifted up my shirt enough to see the bruises where Harry's rings had dug into my skin.

I made my way out into the living room, looking for Harry, assuming he was probably there or the kitchen. I became a little worried when he wasn't in either. I walked deeper into the living room, hearing music coming from the balcony.

I found my way outside, smiling as I saw him sat with a cigarette in his mouth, playing a guitar.

"I didn't know you played." I spoke, making my way over to him. I had never seen the guitar in the house.

He pulled the cigarette out of his mouth, flicking the ash off before speaking, "Good morning Peach, I didn't know you were awake."

He looked very tired.

"Morning babe." I placed my hand on the back of his neck, leaning in to place a kiss on his lips.

He bummed into my lips as I pecked him, pulling away quicker than I expected. I sat in one of the black lounging chairs next to him, trying not to show my sudden concern.

He raised a brow, "Someone's happy this morning."

I laughed, reaching over to take the half smoked cig out of his hand, "Yup! Just happy I'm able to walk after last night."

"Are you okay? I didn't hurt you?" He asked quickly, seeming very on edge.

"I was just kidding. I'm fine."

I put the cigarette up to my lips, my cheeks hollowing around it as I took a drag, the air around feeling very tense. I felt the smoke sink into my lungs, making me cough slightly as I blew it out.

"You know, you shouldn't smoke these." Harry joked, taking the cigarette back.

I flicked my gaze to him quickly, narrowing my eyes, "Says the guy who smokes a pack a day."

"You've been coughing lately." He took his own inhale from the cig after speaking.

I hadn't even noticed it till he pointed it out, but I had. I think having them at my disposal made me smoke more. And with all the stress, I needed some way to cope. I just wasn't used to smoking so much. I usually tried to restrain myself.

"You never answered me about the guitar. What are you playing?" I wasn't sure why, but I felt the need to change the subject.

"Oh- nothing" He glanced down at the instrument in his lap, "Just something I made up. I got bored."

I could have swarm he was almost bashful about it. I let my eyes wander down to the guitar too, reaching out and running my finger along the colorful design scattered along the wood. I hadn't realized before, but it had been hand painted, and you could feel the raised texture from the acrylic.