29.

"Bad luck to talk,
On these rides,
Mind on the road,
With dilated eyes..."

-

Harry's POV:

"Should you really be doing lines right now?" Zayn asked, as I inhaled the last bit of white powder from off the hood of the car.

"Oh come on, I can't let you guys have all the fun." I joked trying to blow it off.

"What about Cali?"

Don't fucking remind me.

"She won't ever know. It's just a one time thing okay."

I knew Cali would have been fucking pissed if she knew I was doing coke, but I knew it was the only way I was going to be able to get through tithe night. It was the only way I could do all of the horrible shit I was going to have to do. Getting high was the only thing going to get me through it.

"I just got the call Styles, let's go." Niall spoke as he walked into the warehouse, telling me it was time to get to work.

Just when I was about to reply my phone rang from my pocket. I looked down at the screen. It was security.

"I'll just be a minute." I spoke before answering the phone, "Hello."

"Mr. Styles-" Malcom spoke from the other line.

"What is it?" I asked, urgency in my voice.

I could tell something was wrong.

"I'm sorry, but we've seemed to have- uh, misplaced Miss California." He stuttered as he spoke, seeming nervous to break the news.

"You're fucking kidding me!" I yelled, trying not to let my anger get the best of me.

"I'm sorry sir, but-" I cut him off, hanging up the phone.

My heart dropped as I shoved my phone back into my pocket, not believing something like that was happening. I had given them one job and they couldn't even accomplish it. I leaned against the side of the van, needing a moment to think. If someone had gotten in they would have had to have known their way around security. I could only think of one person.

I felt sick, my heart beat picking up, almost feeling like I was unable to breathe. I could feel the rage coursing through my body as pinched the bridge of my nose, trying to process what he had just told me. How the fuck do you misplace a person?

"Those fucking idiots had one job." I whispered to myself, storming towards the car, "one fucking job."

The other boys were already inside, waiting for me so we could get this shit over with. I pulled open the drivers side door, peering in to get a good look at all of them.

"Finally- were going to late." Niall complained from the passenger side.

"I'm not going." I threw the keys to him before closing the door, not giving them time to ask questions.

I didn't need them on my ass. But the minute I began walking away, I heard their car doors open, a few of them making their way out of the car. I didn't have time for their questions.

"What do you mean you aren't going?" Zayn asked, trailing closely behind me.

"I'm not going." I repeated, keeping my quick pace.

"Harry-" I cut Niall off before he even started.

"Cali's gone."

Zayn stopped, "What?"