43.

"Swim with me,
I think I can see the beach..."

-
I turned so I could glance back at Harry, his hand in mine as I guided him down the curved stairway.

"I still don't understand why you want to be down here with all these people." He complained, glaring over the crowded room making it obvious that was the last place he wanted to be.

I found this funny considering I was usually the one trying to talk my way out of parties.

"I've been stressed the past few weeks and I just want to have some fun with you." I weaved through the sea of people as I spoke.

It had taken a lot of convincing to get him to go back downstairs with me. Of course the first excuse was that it was way to dangerous for me to be around a bunch of people that none of us knew, but I assumed the real reason was because he was to embarrassed to go back out and talk to Niall.

Everyone around us seemed to move out of our way very fast once that got a good look at Harry. I figured word traveled fast about Niall and his little tiff, and no one was really interested in being his next victim.

I led him out to the patio, the same place where the fight had broken out earlier, knowing that was exactly where most of the alcohol was. I felt like there I could finally have a drink without worrying.

The rest of the boys were right where we had left them, scattered in different places on the patio, doing their own thing.

Niall seemed fine. He had two girls on each side of him, who both seemed to be in utter distress over his wounds, the pair seemingly planning to nurse him back to health. He was drinking strait out of a bottle of vodka between serving others drinks, and making conversation with the ladies hanging off his arm.

I eagerly made my way up to the bar, Harry staying closely behind me as I did. I would have said it was him trying to protect me, but it seemed more like he was hiding.

"Could you make me a drink?" I flashed him an apologetic smile, hoping he knew the last thing I wanted from Harry was a fight.

"Oh I don't know- is your body guard going to try and hit me again?" He joked, obviously still a little bitter.

I glanced back at Harry nervously, knowing that remark had probably pissed him off. He moved me over by my waist, stepping closer to the bar in attempts to approach Niall strait on. I couldn't lie I was a little scared that he was actually going to hit him again.

"Look Niall, I'm sorry. I overreacted- I shouldn't have done that."

My eyes went wide. I couldn't believe it. He was apologizing.

Both Niall and I glanced at each other in shock, before turning our attention back to Harry, who was waiting there patiently for a response. That was one of the last things I had ever expected from him.

"Uh- I um," I could tell Niall wasn't sure what to say, and I figured that meant Harry didn't usually ever apologize after incidents like that one, "Its- Its okay. I'm sorry too mate. I shouldn't have thrown a party when you told me not to."

"Yeah you shouldn't have-"I interrupted, "but now that all of these people are here, so let's have fun- yeah?"

I was done with the arguing, and I didn't want to be sober any longer.

"Give her a drink." Harry ordered, nodding towards me.

"Alright tequila or Vodka." Niall questioned, holding up both bottles in either hand.

"Okay, shot of vodka- and then a vodka cranberry." I answered, looking across the table to see what all he had on hand.

"Make that two shots- and do you have the whiskey I like?" Harry asked.