20.

-

"Do you want me to go in with you?" Harry asked, peering at me from the drivers seat.

"No, I should go by myself. She would probably end up throwing a vase at your head or something." I knew she wasn't going to take it well.

"Are you sure?" He questioned, looking back at me concerned.

"Yeah. I need to tell her on my own."

My eyes flicked down to my thigh as Harry rested his hand on my leg, trying to comfort me, "It'll be okay."

I took in a deep breath, before letting it out slowly, trying to calm myself.

"I'll be back in a minute." I muttered, opening the car door, before stepping put onto the concrete.

I just needed to go inside and get it over with. I walked up to the door of our building, feeling like I was going to die from the anxiety. I made it into the lobby, before heading up the endless stairs, feeling like my heart was going to beat right out of my chest.

I knew felicity was going to freak once I told her I was going to stay with Harry, and to top it all off, I didn't really have an explanation as to why I was leaving. I knew she was going to want answers, but I didn't really have any to give her.

Harry gave me the rundown in the car about what I should and shouldn't say. Felicity didn't need to know any unnecessary information, because it would only make it more dangerous for her in the long run. I didn't really understand what any of that really meant, but I decided it would probably be better to just listen to him.

I felt like shit lying to her, but I knew he was right. I had to blur out the big details.

When I got up to our apartment, I slowly opened the door with shaky hands, feeling a nauseating pit in my stomach. I was glad she wasn't in the front of the apartment when I first made it inside, so I would have time to pack up a few things I needed before having to face her.

I quickly gathered the essentials, stuffing them into a duffle bag, trying to hurry so I could get out of there as quick as possible.

I didn't really know what to take or how much, so I treated it like a vacation. I stuffed as many outfits as I could into my bag, grabbing any other basic items for hygiene, before throwing them all into a small duffle.

When I finished packing my stuff, I walked back into the living room, trying to remain calm. I walked back in on Felicity making something on the stove, turning to look at me once she heard my bag hit the hardwood floor.

"Hey! I didn't know you were home. How did it go?" She tended to her tea kettle as she spoke.

"Um, I found my phone." I muttered, walking closer to her in the kitchen.

"Great! Did you see Harry?" She was a little hesitant with her question, probably not sure what subjects were rocky in that moment.

"Uh-yeah I did, um I actually wanted to talk to you about that."

I was so nervous I thought I was going to be sick. How was I supposed to tell her I was leaving? She was going to think I was crazy, and how could I blame her. It was crazy.

Not even twenty four hours before I told her I never wanted to see Harry again, and now I was planing on making myself at home in his apartment. It just didn't make much sense.