Bad ; Twenty-Eight

Song : Oh Cecilia (Breaking My Heart) by The Vamps ft. Shawn Mendes

Cher

My eyes started to water slightly at my dad's statement. "Where am I even supposed to go?"

"Just go to your boyfriend's house, you practically live there already!" he shouted, the veins popping out of his neck. My mom wasn't home at the moment so that's why she's not busting in the room to see what's wrong.

I let out a sigh and tried to calm down. "I don't want to do that to him. You're being so childish about this dad, it's not that serious."

"No, I am not being 'childish' about anything. Your attitude sucks and I don't know what's happening to my baby girl. I love you, Cher, but you need help. You can't keep doing drugs and sneaking out. It's not good for you. Sure it's only weed but that'll soon escalate into something more serious like meth and cocaine. I don't want you to get hurt. I don't want to see my daughter mess up her future because of drugs. I'm sorry that I'm being harsh on you but you just don't understand. There is a bad history with drugs in our family. Remember you cousin Melissa and how she died due to a drug overdose? In fact, it was meth and cocaine that caused her death. I do not want you to end up like her. I don't want to have to bury my baby girl, alright?"

I sighed lightly. "Dad, I am going to be okay. I won't let it reach to that point, I promise. I know that drugs are dangerous but marijuana isn't bad. You can't die from it, I don't think. I would never let myself stoop so low to do cocaine and meth. You have to understand that people change, though. I have changed dramatically. I'm not the little scared girl anymore, I am becoming independent and you have to understand that, dad. I can't be that girl anymore, she was no fun. Being bad is fun. It has so much adventure to it and you never know what's going to happen."

He sighed and took a seat on the edge of my bed. "Cher, I know that people change, I understand that. Your change wasn't a good one, you have changed for the worse. I do not like the person you have become the past few months."

"Why don't you get mad when Leilani and Brad get in trouble?" I asked with a small sigh. "I mean, they are always in some type of trouble but you guys don't seem to mind at all."

"You are my little girl, that's why!" he let out a frustrated sigh. "It's not that I don't care what they do, it's just that I reached the point where nothing seems to be working. They don't listen to me or you mother, when I punish them, it only makes it worse. They don't want help so I stopped trying but I know that i can still help you, Cher. I know I can help get you back on the right track but in order for me to do that, you'll have to follow the rules and stop doing what you're doing. Are you willing to do that?"

I shrugged. "I don't know," I stated truthfully. "I don't think I can go back to the way that I used to be. I don't want to, dad."